Communication Arts is calling for entries for its Illustration Competition 2022. Enter the most prestigious competition for creativity in illustration, the Communication Arts Illustration Competition
Communication Arts Illustration Competition Details
The Communication Arts Illustration Competition is the most prestigious competition for creativity in illustration.
CA’s Award of Excellence is one of the most-coveted awards in the industry. If chosen, winning places you in the highest ranks of your profession.
Selected by a nationally representative jury of distinguished designers, art directors and illustrators, the winning entries will be distributed worldwide in the Communication Arts Illustration Annual, in print and digital editions, and on commarts.com, assuring important exposure to the creators of this outstanding work. As a service to art directors, designers and art buyers, a comprehensive index will carry contact information of the illustrators represented.
- Any illustration first published or produced from January 2021 through January 2022 is eligible.
- Entries may originate from any country.
- Descriptions in English are very important to the judges.
Entries can be submitted in the following formats
- Digital Images: Must be RGB in JPG format with a maximum file size of 2MB.
- Motion/Animation Entries: Must be in MOV, MP4 or MPG format, with a maximum file size of 500MB.
- Advertising: ads, posters, music and product packaging, etc.
- Books: covers, jackets, interiors, etc.
- Editorial: consumer or trade magazines, newspapers, etc.
- For Sale: posters, prints, greeting cards, licensing/stock, gallery sale, online store, etc.
- Institutional: company/association publications, annual reports, catalogs, client websites, blogs, etc.
- Motion/Animation: time-based media for film, television, video or web, etc.
- Self-Promotion: promotion for illustrators, design firms, ad agencies, art schools, printers, paper companies, etc.
- Unpublished: experimental/personal work not published.
- Student Work: illustration or animation created for school assignments.
Who can enter the competition?
The competition is Open for all Designers from all over the globe.
Competition Entry fee
- Advertising: $40 single entry/$80 series
- Books: $40 single entry/$80 series
- Editorial: $40 single entry/$80 series
- For Sale: $40 single entry/$80 series
- Institutional: $40 single entry/$80 series
- Motion/Animation: $90 single entry/$180 series
- Self-Promotion: $40 single entry/$80 series
- Unpublished: $40 single entry/$80 series
- Student Work: $20 single print entry/$40 print series/$45 single video entry/$90 video series.
- Entries registered after 7th January 2022 require a late fee of $10 per entry.
Each illustration is a single entry. Campaigns or series are limited to five illustrations and must be created for the same project.
Communication Arts Illustration Competition Prizes
Each winning entrant will receive a personalized Award of Excellence and award certificates issued for firms, individuals and clients.
All competition entries are processed through thr online competition system.
Before you begin the process of entering a competition, please have the following information and materials ready. This will make the process go quickly:
- Your contact information for registration and notification.
- Title and basic credits for each project.
- Digital files of work you want to submit. See below for file specs.
The registration period ends on 21th January 2022.
You can check the competition website following this link.
Check other prizes and contests following International Competitions category