Beijing Government offers fully-funded scholarships for international students interested in studying at Chinese universities in Beijing. Beijing government scholarships cover all majors available in any public university located in Beijing, whether for bachelor’s, master’s, or Ph.D. degrees.
Through this article, you can check all information regarding Beijing Government fully funded scholarships, funding, eligibility, required documents, and application procedures!
All You Need to Know about Beijing Government scholarships in China
To encourage and support outstanding international students seeking education, and academic and professional development opportunities, the Beijing government has established scholarships administered by BNU “Beijing Government Scholarship for International Students” Assessment Committee which is responsible for evaluation and scholarship admission.
- Hosted Country: Scholarships in China.
- Hosted University: Beijing government.
- Duration: 1 – 4 years.
- Coverage: Fully Funded.
- No. of Internships: Not specified.
- Language of Instruction: English or Chinese.
- Study Mode: Full-Time Study.
- Eligibility: Undergraduate, Master, and Ph.D.
Categories of applicants and duration of scholarship. Students who wish to study and are studying in Beijing.
- Excellent international students who pursue degrees at Higher Education Institutions (hereinafter referred to as HEIs) in Beijing. The duration of the scholarship is no more than 4 academic years.
- Chinese language students and senior scholars. The duration of the scholarship is no more than 1 academic year.
- General scholars. The duration of the scholarship is no more than 1 academic year.
- Exchange students and students with special contributions. The duration of the scholarship is no more than 1 academic year.
Check: Peiyang Future Scholar fully funded scholarships in China
Beijing Government Scholarships BENEFITS
Funding varies between Chinese universities. In some universities, funding may include tuition fees waiver, accommodation, a monthly allowance, health insurance, and travel costs. In other universities, the Beijing Government Scholarship covers tuition fees with accommodation. Check the scholarship information on the website of the Chinese university you have chosen to apply to.
Check out all of Beijing’s public universities at en.wikipedia.
Scholarship Application Eligibility
Applicants for the Scholarship should meet all the following requirements:
- Applicants should be non-Chinese citizens and be in good health.
- Applicants for doctoral degree programs must have a master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
- Applicants for master’s degree programs must have a bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
- Applicants for undergraduate programs must have a senior high school diploma with good academic performance and be under the age of 30.
- Applicants for the general scholar program must have a bachelor’s degree or completed at least two years of undergraduate studies and be under the age of 50.
- Applicants for long-term language studies must have a senior high school diploma and be under the age of 60.
- Applicants for the senior scholar program must have a master’s degree or above or hold the academic title of associate professor or above and be under the age of 50.
- Applicants should meet the language requirements of higher education institutions.
- Applicants should not be awardees of the Chinese Government Scholarship at the same time.
Read: Fujian Provincial Government Scholarships in China
Scholarships required documents
Students need to submit the following documents:
- Application Form for Beijing Government Scholarship (Applicants shall obtain the form from the Higher Education Institutions or download the form from the website of the targeted HEIs).
- Notarized highest diploma and transcripts.
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form should be provided if the duration of study is six months or above.
- A study plan (no less than 400 words) or research plan (no less than 800 words) in Chinese or English should be submitted for degree or research students.
- Applicants for music and art are requested to submit the applicants’ own works according to the requirements of the target HEIs.
- Applicants under 18 should provide legal documents of their legal guardians in China.
- Please note that application documents will NOT be returned.
Application Procedures for Beijing Government Scholarships
Applying for the Beijing Government Scholarships begins with choosing the Chinese university that best fits the student’s qualifications.
All Chinese universities participating in the Beijing Government Scholarships include on their website and within their registration application the option to apply for this scholarship for new international students.
For example, Peking University is one of the Chinese universities included in this scholarship and publishes on its website information about the conditions and steps to applying for the Beijing government scholarships to fund study there: is.bnu.edu.cn/english.
HEIs will assess all the applications and send the Scholarship Admission Notice, Admission Notice, and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201) to the candidates three months before the study begins.
The applications will be considered invalid and not accepted if applicants fail to meet the eligibility or the application materials are incomplete.
The host institutions will make a yearly review of the scholarship students’ performances. If the scholarship students violate the law of China or regulations of the host institutions, or the rules of BGS, the scholarship will be terminated.
Upon graduation, scholarship students will be reviewed comprehensively, and the result will be submitted to the office of the Beijing Government Scholarship Management Team.
Check: Shandong University fully funded scholarships in China
Application for Beijing Government Scholarships varies depending on the chosen Chinese university. Check the application deadlines on the websites of the Chinese universities to which you wish to apply.