China Studies Program fully funded scholarships in China are now open for international students from all around the world. These scholarships are offered by Xiamen University in China to support outstanding international students to pursue Ph.D. degrees in China.
Through this article, you can check full information about China Studies Program’s fully funded scholarships, funding, eligibility, required documents, and application procedures!
All You Need to Know about China Studies Program PhD fully funded scholarships
The Ph.D. Fellowships of China Studies Program were established by the Center for Language Education and Cooperation, which united with China’s top universities and outstanding scholars, and is committed to providing opportunities and support to overseas young scholars and doctoral programs for studying in China.
The program includes the Joint Research Ph.D. Fellowship and the Ph.D. in China Fellowship. Xiamen University is one of the 18 Chinese host universities.
Xiamen University (XMU), founded in 1921, was the first Chinese university established by an overseas Chinese person.
Xiamen University is renowned as one of the most beautiful universities around the world for its excellent education facilities and beautiful environment.
It has long been listed among China’s leading universities on the national 211 Project, 985 Project.Xiamen University currently consists of a graduate school, six academic divisions, 33 schools and 16 research institutes.
XMU currently has an enrollment of more than 44,000 students, including over 20,000 students in bachelor’s degree programs, 18,000 in master’s degree programs, and 5,000 in doctoral degree programs.
- Hosted Country: Scholarships in China.
- Hosted University: Xiamen University (XMU).
- Duration: 4 years.
- Coverage: Fully Funded.
- No. of Internships: Not specified.
- Language of Instruction: English or Chinese.
- Study Mode: Full-Time Study.
- Eligibility: Ph.D.
China Studies Program Scholarships BENEFITS
- Subsistence allowance and research allowance
- 1 round-trip international travel per year (economy class, reimbursement based on actual expenses)
- Medical and accidental insurance premiums during your stay in China
- Collective activities and cultural experiences
- The joint reaserch PH. D. program also includes international round-trip travel (economy class) to China for foreign supervisors.
- After graduation, you will have priority for gaining support from other projects within the “China Studies Program”, such as the publication of doctoral dissertations or translations, further study in China, and opportunities to participate in international academic conferences.
Xiamen University Scholarships Areas
The majority of financial support is provided through support for specific research and other projects in designated academic areas of Humanities and Social Sciences.
For detailed information of research topics and supervisors, please refer to Introduction to Ph.D. Fellowship of China Studies Program chinese.cn.
Scholarship Application Eligibility
Applicants for the Scholarship should meet all the following requirements:
- The applicant should be a citizen of non-Chinese nationality in good health.
- Those who aspire to engage in China-related research in humanities and social sciences and have solid academic foundations, a targeted research topic or goal, and the ability to conduct research in Chinese, with preference given to those with excellent Chinese language proficiency under the same conditions. Specifically as follows:
- Joint Research Ph.D. Fellowship: Hànyǔ Shuǐpíng Kǎoshì (HSK) Level 3 or above; Officially registered doctoral students in regular foreign universities.
- Ph. D. Fellowship in China: Hànyǔ Shuǐpíng Kǎoshì (HSK) Level 5 with 210 scores or above; A graduate with master’s degree, or a fresh graduate of master’s degree.
- Applicants for English-medium programs should also meet the Chinese proficiency requirements above besides the English proficiency requirements of XMU English-medium programs.
- Requirements in Prospectus for Admission to Doctoral Programs of Xiamen University admissions.xmu.edu.cn.
- Applicants who are currently participating in other Scholarship are not eligible to apply for this Plan.
Scholarship Required Documents
International students should sub,it the following documents:
- A copy of the passport.
- Birth certificate.
- Parents’ identification documents.
- Bachelor’s and master’s degrees or expected graduation certificates bearing the university’s seal.
- Students graduating from master’s degree programs must submit a certificate of expected graduation. They must have obtained a master’s degree certificate prior to their entry into XMU in September of the academic year.
- Degree certificates obtained outside China must be notarized by the local notary office.
- Academic transcripts for both bachelor’s and master’s degrees with the official seal of the university.
- Students graduating from master’s programs must submit a full set of academic transcripts for their bachelor’s degree studies, as well as academic transcripts for each year of master’s degree studies.
- Master’s degree holders must submit a full set of academic transcripts for undergraduate and master’s studies.
- Internationally accepted or standardized test score report, for example, GRE / GMAT / LSAT. XMU’s DI code for the GRE is 4692.
- Study or research plan: The plan should be no less than 1,000 words, written in Chinese when applying for Chinese-medium programs and written in English when applying for English-medium programs.
- Two letters of recommendation from professors or associate professors in Chinese or English with information on the names of the recommender, employer and work location, either signed by the recommender or bearing the seal of the recommending organization.
- Pre-admission letter to admissions.xmu.edu.cn supervisor. Admission priority will be given to applicants who have obtained the pre-admission letter signed by the supervisor and stamped by the faculty at Xiamen University.
- English or Chinese language proficiency certificate.
- CV written in Chinese or English.
- Physical examination record for incoming travelers at admissions.xmu.edu.cn.
- Certificate of no criminal record. Applicants must provide a valid certificate of no criminal record, usually within 6 months prior to the date of application.
Application Procedures for China Studies Program Scholarships
Applicants are required to log into the CSP Application System chinese.cn, complete the online application, choose Xiamen University as the host university, and mail the original application form and all other materials (in English and Chinese) as required to the Center for Language Education and Cooperation.
Center for Language Education and Cooperation
Tel: +86 (0)10 58595771
Fax: +86 (0)10 58595762
Address: 129 Deshengmenwai Street, Xicheng District, Beijing, 100088, China
Applicants should also submit the online application on the International Student Application System of Xiamen University application.xmu.edu.cn before February 28, 2023.
Usually, no hard copies of application materials are required by Xiamen University.
The application deadline is the end of Februray each year.