FutureLearn offers, in cooperation with the University of Leeds, a free online course: Computer Programming for Everyone. Discover the art of computer programming and learn what code can do with the Institute of Coding and the University of Leeds.
About Computer Programming for Everyone Course
Explore computer programming and complete block-language programming exercises What are computers good at and how can you get the best out of them? On this course, you’ll find out how and why people program computers.
Using an introductory block-language for coding, you’ll discover the kinds of problems that computers can help you solve. You’ll also explore different types of coding languages and discover a variety of useful applications of code.
At the end of the course, you’ll implement key principles you’ve learned by writing your first computer programs.
- Offered by: FutureLearn platform in cooperation with University of Leeds.
- Course duration: 2 weeks.
- Weekly study: 2 hours.
- Price: Free of charge.
- Certificate upon Completion: Available, the course include free digital upgrade.
- Course language: English.
- Already enrolled: 89,592 students.
- Course Rating: 4.7/5.
What will you achieve after course completion?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Summarise key developments in the advent of computer technology.
- Identify where algorithms are used in the real world.
- Solve basic block-language programming exercises.
- Discuss the roles and responsibilities involved in making software.
- Solve more advanced block language exercises with expressive solutions.
- Describe the features and advantages of text-based coding languages.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for people who have digital skills but would like to build confidence in using digital technology in the workplace.
This may include those studying for A-levels, those who have a degree, or those who want to improve their career prospects.
The course will also be useful for anyone in employment who wants to boost their digital skills or anyone returning to the workplace who’d like to gain confidence in how working practices have evolved.
How to enroll in Computer Programming for Everyone course for free
The first step is to check the course official website and click on “Join Now”. In order to join the course you need to create a free accoung on Futurelearn website. Once you signed in, a welcome to the course page will pop up to you. That’s it! enjoy your free course!
The course official website:
You can start the course following this link:
Check other online free courses following Free Online Courses.