Geelong Writers invites writers to enter the inaugural Djillong Short Story Competition 2022.
DJILLONG short story competition 2022 Details
You can submit Short stories between 3,000 – 5,000 words.
- The competition is open to Australian citizens or Australian residents over 18 years of age.
- Entries must be a minimum of 3,000 words to a maximum of 5,000 words, excluding the title.
- All works must have a title.
- Entrants may submit up to three stories, each at the specified entry fee.
- All entries must be in English, double-spaced, and use 12 point Times New Roman font.
- Entrant’s name must not appear anywhere on the work as the pieces will be blind judged.
- Stories must be the original work of the entrant and must not have been published (personal blog and social media posts excepted ) or been awarded a prize in any competition.
- Fees will not be refunded.
- No corrections will be accepted, nor any correspondence entered into
- Authors retain copyright of their work
- In entering this competition
- You give permission for your work, should it win a prize, to be published in full or part on Geelong Writers website, and/or in any Geelong Writers publications
- Declare that the work submitted is your own original work
- You acknowledge that failure to abide by any of the stated rules may make your entry, or entries, ineligible.
Who can enter the competition?
Competition Entry fee
$20 per story ($15 for GW members).
DJILLONG short story competition 2022 Prizes
- First prize: $1,000.
- Second prize: $400.
- Third prize: $200.
Competition Application Guide
- Pay the entry fee
- Online at Trybooking – https://www.trybooking.com/BURVF (Please note that a booking fee of 50 cents applies to each entry)
- Alternatively, you may pay by EFT
- Account Name: Geelong Writers Inc. BSB: 063-551, Account Number: 1015-7327
- Reference: Djillong[Surname]2021 e.g., DjillongSmith2021
- Email your payment receipt to email@example.com.
- Email your story to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Save your story as a PDF file, and attach it to your email
- Include ‘Djillong Short Story Competition’ in the email subject field
- Including the title of the story, the word count, your full name and address, and the email address you would like us to use for correspondence, in the body of your email
- Include your payment receipt if you have paid by EFT.
Winners will be announced at an awards presentation in Geelong in February 2022.
The registration period ends on December 15th, 2021.
You can check the competition website following this link.
Check other prizes and contests following International Competitions category