International Drucker Challenge Essay Competition aims to Keep the human-oriented management philosophy of Peter Drucker alive in the minds of the young generation
Drucker Challenge Essay Competition 2023 Details
The Drucker Challenge Essay Competition is an international essay competition held annually by the Drucker Society Europe, in conjunction with the Drucker Forum.
The Challenge explores a current topic in management – typically related to the theme of the Forum – in the context of Peter Drucker’s human-oriented management philosophy.
The essay topic is EMERGING STRONGER AFTER SETBACKS
Whether a team or an organization you are part of was permanently damaged by the disruption, or only bruised – or took the challenge in stride and learned from it – isn’t just a matter of how big a challenge it faced. It has to do with its level of resilience. In your essay entry for this year’s Drucker Challenge, we want to hear how your peers, colleagues, or leadership responded when the going got tough, and how you think they – and we – could build a greater capability not only to face future setbacks but to come out stronger.
You might also share your personal story if you feel it would inspire others.
Is there an organization you’ve seen displaying an inspiring level of resilience? If so, tell us what you think were the keys to it, and what that example could teach the rest of us. For instance, does it point to skills or processes we could put in place, individually and collectively, that would better prepare us to navigate future storms?
You might want to take your essay into wider territory. For example: Can you perceive a generational or cultural difference in abilities to “bounce back”? Is the rising generation of managers and leaders more or less resilient than other cohorts, and if so, why?
Does greater power to recover from calamity come with experience and perspective? Can it be learned from lectures and books? Finally: How important is it to improve organizational and individual resilience? Taking the long view, is this really a time of greater change than in the past, and – among all the superpowers you might choose to develop – does resilience have the highest priority?
In order to participate in the contest, you must meet both the general requirements and essay category requirements.
- You must be 18-35 years old (inclusive of both ages)
- You must have been selected no more than once (or not at all) among the top 10 since 2010. However, you can participate in the 2023 Contest (if still meet the age criteria of 18 – 35 years inclusive)
- If you were previously a student (as per your application form) and are now embarking on a career at a university;
- If you were previously a student (according to your application form) and meanwhile moved on to become a manager or entrepreneur
Essay category requirements
You can submit one essay to participate as either a student or manager or entrepreneur (please mention your main occupation in the submission form)
You are a part-time or full-time student (bachelor, master, MBA, or PhD) or you are seeking your first opportunity after the completion of your last degree
You are a:
- manager of people, projects, budgets, and/or processes.
- an entrepreneur or business owner.
- licensed professional.
- social volunteer or community leader.
|1500 to 3000 (excluding footnotes and any graphics) as PDF or word document
May 31, 2023 at 16:00 CET (4:00 PM CET)
Your name must not be included anywhere in the essay
Entries must be produced exclusively by you (no group work) for the specific purpose of this competition, and must not have been published elsewhere
Who can enter the competition?
The essay competition is open to students (bachelor, master, MBA, and PhD) and young professionals, 18 to 35 years old (inclusive of both ages)
Essay Competition Entry fee
The essay competition is free to enter.
Drucker Challenge Essay Competition 2023 Prizes
- Winner of the Drucker Challenge: A cash prize of 2000 EUR with ADDITIONAL BENEFITS.
- Silver Award: A cash prize of 1.200 EUR with ADDITIONAL BENEFITS.
- Bronze Award: A cash prize of 1.000 EUR with ADDITIONAL BENEFITS.
- Awards for Those who are ranked nr. 4 to 10 in the Student and Professional category.
- Awards for Those who are placed nr. 11-15.
Check all awards following this link.
Essay Competition Application Guide
Go to SUBMISSION in the main menu, fill in the form and upload your essay.
In case you encounter problems with uploading, please send your file and information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Essay application Deadline
The deadline for essay submissions is May 31, 2023, 16:00 CET (4:00 PM CET).
You can check the essay competition website following this link.
Check other prizes and contests following International Competitions category