International Drucker Challenge Essay Competition aims to Keep the human-oriented management philosophy of Peter Drucker alive in the minds of the young generation
Drucker Challenge Essay Competition 2022 Details
The Drucker Challenge Essay Competition is an international essay competition held annually by the Drucker Society Europe, in conjunction with the Drucker Forum.
The Challenge explores a current topic in management – typically related to the theme of the Forum – in the context of Peter Drucker’s human-oriented management philosophy.
The essay topic is TOWARDS A PASSION ECONOMY
What is the future of work in the age of automation? Many people are pinning their hopes on what is dubbed the passion, or creator, economy, where the individual is neither wage slave nor gig serf, but engages with digital technologies to leverage their own unique aptitudes and, yes, passions to forge a livelihood on their own terms, cutting out the middle man and middle management to reach clients and customers directly, thereby satisfying the human need for both material security and meaning.
Proponents argue that it is an idea whose time has come. Yet the idea is also controversial. Will the offerings of the passion economy develop beyond the fake PR of ‘influencing’ and the transitory nature of viral celebrities? Will it suffer the same fate as the short-lived ‘sharing economy’? Is it possible to democratise the economy in this way, or will the benefits be siphoned off by Big Tech gatekeepers, which are pouring money into the ‘creator’ sector in order to control if for their own ends? Is everyone fitted to do it? What kind of changes in education, management and finance would be needed to make it happen at scale?
In his writings and thinking, Peter Drucker gave a large place to entrepreneurship, individual dignity and managing oneself. What do you think: How would he have viewed the rise of the passion economy? Or how would you describe to him this emerging new economy, with its potentials, pitfalls, and promises?
In order to participate in the contest, you must meet both the general requirements and essay category requirements.
- You must be 18-35 years old (inclusive of both ages)
- You must have been selected no more than once (or not at all) among the top 10 since 2010. However, you can participate in the 2022 Contest (if still meet the age criteria of 18 – 35 years inclusive)
- If you were previously a student (as per your application form) and are now embarking on a career at a university;
- If you were previously a student (according to your application form) and meanwhile moved on to become a manager or entrepreneur
Essay category requirements
You can submit one essay to participate as either a student or manager or entrepreneur (please mention your main occupation in the submission form)
You are a part-time or full-time student (bachelor, master, MBA, or PhD) or you are seeking your first opportunity after the completion of your last degree
You are a:
- manager of people, projects, budgets, and/or processes.
- an entrepreneur or business owner.
- licensed professional.
- social volunteer or community leader.
|Words||1500 to 3000 (excluding footnotes and any graphics) as PDF or word document|
|Font size||12 points|
May 31, 2022 at 16:00 CET (4:00 PM CET)
Your name must not be included anywhere in the essay
Entries must be produced exclusively by you (no group work) for the specific purpose of this competition, and must not have been published elsewhere
Who can enter the competition?
The essay competition is open to students (bachelor, master, MBA, and PhD) and young professionals, 18 to 35 years old (inclusive of both ages)
Essay Competition Entry fee
The essay competition is free to enter.
Drucker Challenge Essay Competition 2022 Prizes
- Winner of the Drucker Challenge: A cash prize of 2000 EUR with ADDITIONAL BENEFITS.
- Silver Award: A cash prize of 1.200 EUR with ADDITIONAL BENEFITS.
- Bronze Award: A cash prize of 1.000 EUR with ADDITIONAL BENEFITS.
- Awards for Those who are ranked nr. 4 to 10 in the Student and Professional category.
- Awards for Those who are placed nr. 11-15.
Check all awards following this link.
Essay Competition Application Guide
Go to SUBMISSION in the main menu, fill in the form and upload your essay.
In case you encounter problems with uploading, please send your file and information to email@example.com
Essay application Deadline
The deadline for essay submissions is May 31, 2022, 16:00 CET (4:00 PM CET).
You can check the essay competition website following this link.
Check other prizes and contests following International Competitions category