The EAS FUTURES VIDEO competition aims to showcase the understanding the youth have of their oceans, and highlight the creativity and firmness with which they can share their knowledge, understanding, plans, and dreams.
EAS FUTURES VIDEO competition Details
Achieving sustainability throughout East Asia’s coasts and oceans matters to all, but is particularly crucial for the region’s youth, who will not only benefit from sustainability, but ensure it is carried on into the future.
Youth involvement in sustainability initiatives is crucial for their long-term implementation and success. PEMSEA strongly believes in the need to involve youth in the future of our shared seas. As part of this.
With the close cooperation and support of the Ministry of Oceans and Fisheries, RO Korea, PEMSEA is hosting a series of regional competitions to generate, interest, awareness, and engagement.
The video competition aims to highlight best practices and local marine actions of youth, and/or highlight local issues or challenges. It should be a 3 to 5-minute video, created entirely from material filmed/created by youth. Competition Theme: Sustaining the oceans:
- Ocean and coasts as source of food and livelihood.
- Ocean and coasts as habitat and ecosystems.
- Protecting and conserving coastal and shore biodiversity.
- Responsible and sustainable tourism.
- Addressing marine and riverine pollution.
- Coastal adaptation to climate change.
Who can enter the competition?
Open to a) high school students, b) university students, and c) amateurs up to 30 years old. Entry must be an original video filmed in one of the following countries: Brunei, Cambodia, China, Indonesia, Japan, DPR Korea, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Philippines, RO Korea, Singapore, Timor-Leste, Thailand, or Viet Nam
Competition Entry fee
The Competition is free to enter.
Video entry specifications
- A single entry per individual or team.
- All members of a team must fall within the same eligibility category. All participants must be credited.
- Must be between 3 and 5 minutes.
- Original work.
- Should primarily consist of film taken within the past year.
- Must be related to the theme of sustaining the oceans, with links to one or more of the sub-themes listed above.
- Creativity is encouraged! There is no set structure. The film could be a mini-documentary, a series of interviews, or tell a story.
- Videos must be accompanied with a maximum 300 word explaining the topic of the video, and where it was filmed.
- May not have won any other contest, or be commercially published whether for news, advertising or otherwise.
- The film should not feature any person, group, or organization without their consent. By submitting the video, participants guarantee that all necessary subject matter permissions are acquired.
- All information should be sent in English, and the video should include English speaking and/or subtitles
EAS FUTURES VIDEO competition Prizes
- 1st prize – USD 750
- 2nd prize – USD 350
- 3rd prize – USD 200
- Fill out the Official Entry Form.
- Provide proof of age/education status.
- Filename of the video must be in the format “SURNAME_VIDEOTITLE”
- Email Entry Form, proofs, and video to [email protected] and cc [email protected], OR
- Email Entry Form, proofs, and video link (youtube, vimeo, dailymotion) to [email protected] and cc [email protected]
- If uploaded, please include #EASFuturesVideoCompetition as well as all involved names in the video description.
The registration period ends on 1 September 2022, 23:59 Philippine Time (UTC+8).
You can check the competition website following this link.
Check other prizes and contests following International Competitions category