The Sciences Po Institute is one of the best educational schools in the world. It is famous for its scholarships and financial aid for international students from all around the world, to help them finance their studies in France. Emile Boutmy Scholarships in France call for application for international students is now open!
All You Need to Know about Emile Boutmy Scholarships 2022
Sciences Po created the Émile Boutmy scholarship, named after the founder of Sciences Po (1871), in order to welcome the very best international students from outside the European Union. The Émile Boutmy Scholarship is awarded to top students whose profiles match the admissions priorities of Sciences Po and individual course requirements.
The Émile Boutmy scholarship fund benefits from the generous support of its sponsors (benefactors, companies, and foundations) who are eager to allow the most deserving international students to study at Sciences Po. Private sponsors can be in direct contact with scholarship holders during officially organized events.
They support the Émile Boutmy excellence scholarship : BNP Paribas, Chalhoub Group, RATP Foundation, L’Oréal, Total.
|Hosted Country||Scholarships in France..|
|Issued||Sciences Po Institute.|
|Language of Instruction:||English or French.|
|Coverage||Fully or Partially Funded.|
|Study Mode||Full-Time Study.|
|Eligibility||Undergraduate and Master programmes.|
|Scholarship Duration||One or two academic years.|
|No. of scholarships||Not specified.|
Emile Boutmy Scholarships Program Areas
The Emile Boutmy Scholarships cover all majors available at the French university for undergraduate and master’s levels. Including law, public affairs, journalism, political science, and other available programs. Check out the courses offered by Sciences Po University following this link.
Emile Boutmy Scholarships BENEFITS
Bachelor’s degree program
The Émile Boutmy scholarship is awarded to students arriving at Sciences Po for their first year of studies.
The Émile Boutmy program can take several different forms:
- A tuition grant of €13,000 per year for the three years of the undergraduate program.
- A tuition grant of €8,800 per year for the three years of the undergraduate program.
- A tuition grant of €6,000 per year for the three years of the undergraduate program.
- A tuition grant of €3,600 per year for the three years of the undergraduate program.
During the year abroad (third year of the undergraduate program): scholarship recipients will retain their tuition fee grant and additional cost of living grant (if applicable).
The Émile Boutmy scholarship is automatically renewed if the student chooses to continue their graduate studies at Sciences Po
The Émile Boutmy scholarship is awarded to students arriving at Sciences Po for their first year of study.
The Émile Boutmy program is a tuition grant of €12,200 per year which covers part of the tuition fees for the two years of the Master’s degree program.
If you do not validate your academic year, your scholarship will be lost. If you have been granted a scholarship and decide to defer your admission, your scholarship will be lost.
Emile Boutmy Scholarships Eligibility
To be eligible for the scholarship, students must be first-time applicants, from a non-European Union state, whose household does not file taxes within the European Union, and who have been admitted to the Undergraduate or Master’s program.
Students who are not eligible are:
- Swiss and Norwegian applicants, since they may be entitled to CROUS scholarships
- Candidates who have dual citizenship, including an EU citizenship
- Candidates from Quebec for master’s degree (since they may take advantage of sliding scale fees same as European applicants). Candidates from Quebec for a bachelor’s degree are eligible
- Master’s level dual-degree candidates. Only applicants for the following dual degrees are eligible:
- the dual degree in Journalism Sciences Po/Columbia University
- the dual degree Sciences Po/Fudan University with the concentration Europe-Asia in Global Affairs (only applicants with Chinese nationality)
- the dual degree Sciences Po/Peking University (only applicants with Chinese nationality)
- BAMA ITAM
- Ph.D. programme students (thesis)
- Candidates for the 1 year Master’s programmes
- Bachelor dual degree candidates (unless as part of a specific agreement)
- Exchange students
- Candidates applying via the French graduate admission procedure
The Émile Boutmy scholarship may not be combined with other scholarships (Eiffel scholarship, AEFE scholarship, BGF…).
This scholarship is awarded based on merit and according to the type of profile sought for this program. Social criteria may also be taken into account.
This scholarship is not automatically awarded, to apply candidates must follow the instructions below.
English Language requirements
Language requirements depend on the program you are applying to. When needed, test results must be attached directly to the online application. If you are applying for two programs with different requirements, you should consider the highest level required.
Check the prerequisites and supporting materials by the program.
Although there is no specific English language level for admission to some programs, you will be required to prove a C1 English level at the end of the program for the final diploma.
For all regular Master’s programs in Science Po (except for dual degree programmes):
- You can choose any of the following tests to prove your level of English:
- Masters: required score of 100.
- IELTS Test (Academic): Requires 7 points.
- Cambridge English Advanced (C1 Advanced): C1.
- Linguaskill General: Required score 180. *
- TOEFL Home Edition: Required score of 100.
- Duolingo English Test: Required score 120. *
*: For Linguaskill and Duolingo tests, please select “two years of study in the language” instead of “test” and upload your score sheet in the academic background section (other documents – Supporting document: academic background).
How to apply for Emile Boutmy Scholarships 2022
For Undergraduate level, applicants from foreign secondary schools must indicate that they are applying to the Émile Boutmy scholarship in the “Financial information” section of their Sciences Po application.
For Masters level, candidates must indicate that they are applying to the Émile Boutmy scholarship in the “Financial information” section of their Sciences Po application.
Please note that we might ask applicants to provide a proof of income and documents explaining their family situation (e.g. income tax return for both parents, payslips, divorce certificate, unemployment benefits, documents related to alimony, child support or retirement pensions, death certificate…).
If you are currently in deferral you can apply by email (at: firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are in one of the following situations:
- you did not apply to this scholarship in your application form
- you had applied and obtained this scholarship last year but lost it due to your deferral
- Deadline for undergraduate programme (applicants from foreign secondary schools): 23 February 2022.
- Deadline for undergraduate programme (applicants from French secondary schools): mid-June 2022.
- Deadline for master programme: 30 November 2021.