eVolo Skyscraper Competition for architects call for application is open now! The comptition showcase the great work being made by illustrators all over the world today. In 2022, they will focus on supporting creativity and connecting illustrators to their peers and the industry.
eVolo Skyscraper Competition 2022 Details
Established in 2006, the annual Skyscraper Competition is one of the world’s most prestigious awards for high-rise architecture.
It recognizes outstanding ideas that redefine skyscraper design through the implementation of novel technologies, materials, programs, aesthetics, and spatial organizations; along with studies on globalization, flexibility, adaptability, and the digital revolution. It is a forum that examines the relationship between the skyscraper and the natural world, the skyscraper and the community, and the skyscraper and the city.
The participants should take into consideration the advances in technology, the exploration of sustainable systems, and the establishment of new urban and architectural methods to solve economic, social, and cultural problems of the contemporary city including the scarcity of natural resources and infrastructure and the exponential increase of inhabitants, pollution, economic division, and unplanned urban sprawl.
There are no restrictions in regards to site, program, or size. The objective is to provide maximum freedom to the participants to engage the project without constraints in the most creative way. What is a skyscraper in the 21st century? What are the historical, contextual, social, urban, and environmental responsibilities of these mega-structures?
Who can enter the competition?
Architects, students, engineers, and designers are invited to participate in the competition. They encourage you to have multidisciplinary teams.
Competition Entry fee
- Early Registration: USD $95.
- Late Registration: USD $135.
- One registration = One project.
- Participants may submit various projects but must register each entry.
- There is no limit as to the number of participants per team. Individual entries are accepted.
eVolo Skyscraper Competition for architects 2022 Prizes
- 1st place – $5000 USD
- 2nd place – $2000 USD
- 3rd place – $1000 USD
Winners, honorable mentions, and selected projects will be published in the forthcoming book EVOLO SKYSCRAPERS 4 to be released in 2022.
This is a digital competition and no hardcopies are necessary. Entrants must submit their proposal no later than February 8, 2022 (23:59 hours US Eastern Time) via email to [email protected]
The project submission must contain the following files:
- Two boards with the project information including plans, sections, and perspectives. Participants are encouraged to submit all the information they consider necessary to explain their proposal. These boards should be 24″(h) X 48″(w) in HORIZONTAL format. The resolution of the boards must be 150 dpi, RGB mode, and saved as JPG files. The upper right corner of each board must contain the participation number. There should not be any marks or any other form of identification. The files must be named after the registration number followed by the board number. For example 0101-1.jpg and 0101-2.jpg.
- A DOC file containing the project statement (600 words max). This file must be named after the registration number followed by the word “statement”. For example 0101-statement.doc.
- A DOC file containing the entrants’ personal information, including name, profession, address, and email. This file must be named after the registration number followed by the word “info”. For example 0101-info.doc.
- All the files must be placed in a ZIP folder named after your registration number. For example 0101.zip
If your files are larger than 20MB you can submit your entry using a file sharing service like we-transfer or Google Drive to [email protected]
After your registration has been approved, eVolo will send the registration number (within 24 hours) which will be necessary to include in the submission boards.
- August 6, 2021 – Competition announcement and registration opens.
- November 16, 2021 – Early registration deadline
- January 25, 2022 – Late registration deadline
- February 8, 2022 – Project submission deadline (23:59 hours US Eastern Time)
- April 26, 2022 – Winners’ announcement
The Awards are open for submissions annually from December to February. The jury then evaluates submissions and chooses the winners. Announcements are made in May for the longlist, September for the shortlist and the Winners are announced in October.
You can check the competition website following this link
Check other prizes and contests following International Competitions category