Coursera offers, in cooperation with Google, a free online course: Foundations of User Experience (UX) Design, where current UX designers and researchers at Google will serve as your instructors, and you will complete hands-on activities that simulate real-world UX design scenarios.
About The Foundations of User Experience (UX) Design Course
Foundations of User Experience (UX) Design is the first of a series of seven courses that will equip you with the skills needed to apply to entry-level jobs in user experience design. UX designers focus on the interactions that people have with products like websites, mobile apps, and physical objects. UX designers make those everyday interactions usable, enjoyable, and accessible. The role of an entry-level UX designer might include empathizing with users, defining their pain points, coming up with ideas for design solutions, creating wireframes, prototypes, and mockups, and testing designs to get feedback.
- The course is designed for: Beginner level.
- Offered by: Coursera platform in cooperation with Google.
- Course duration: 21 hours.
- Price: Free of charge.
- Certificate upon Completion: Available with the paid version.
- Course language: English.
- Already enrolled: 188,622 students.
- Course Rating: 4.8/5.
What you will learn
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Define the field of UX and explain why it’s important for consumers and businesses.
- Understand foundational concepts in UX design, such as user-centered design, the design process, accessibility, and equity-focused design.
- Identify the factors that contribute to great user experience design.
- Review common job responsibilities of entry-level UX designers and teams that they work with.
- Explore job opportunities and career paths within the field of user experience.
- Explain why design sprints are an important and useful part of a UX designer’s work.
- Start to create an online portfolio where you can showcase your upcoming work.
- Join and participate in online UX communities.
What you will learn from this course:
- Introducing user experience design
In the first part of this course, you’ll be introduced to the world of UX and the factors that contribute to great user experience design. You’ll understand the job of a UX designer and teams that UX designers often work with. You’ll also get to know more about the expectations of the Google UX Design Certificate.
- Getting to know common terms, tools, and frameworks in UX design
UX designers always put the user first. In this part of the course, you’ll be introduced to user-centered design and other common frameworks that UX designers use on-the-job. You’ll also learn about the importance of equity and accessibility when designing. In addition, you’ll learn how to think across platforms to design seamless user experiences.
- Joining design sprints
In this part of the course, you’ll explore the world of design sprints, including the phases of a design sprint and how to plan and participate in one. You’ll also learn about retrospectives, which is a way to constructively reflect on a design sprint and identify areas of improvement to implement next time.
- Building a professional presence
The key to landing one of UX design jobs is a strong portfolio and online presence. In this part of the course, you’ll start to create a portfolio to showcase your upcoming work. You’ll also learn about the importance of having a personal brand and building an online presence.
How to enroll in Foundations of User Experience (UX) Design course for free
Check the course official website and click on “Enroll For Free”. A “7-day Free Trial” box will pop up to you. Here you have two options, you can either join the paid version of the course by clicking on “Start free trial”, or you can view all course lessons for free by clicking on “Audit this course”.
After clicking on “Audit this course”, you can choose “Full Course, No Certificate” and then click on “Continue” to start your course for free!
If you are unable to pay and want a certificate, you can apply to Coursera for Financial aid.
The course official website:
You can start the course following this link:
Check related courses following Free Google online courses.
Check other online free courses following Free Online Courses.