The University of Geneva offers scholarships for international students. This is your chance to get financial aid to pay for your tuition fees and living costs as a student in Switzerland. Through this guide, you will get everything you need about the University of Genova Excellence Master Scholarships 2022 in Switzerland.
All You Need to Know about Genova Excellence Master Scholarships 2022
University of Geneva (French: Université de Genève) is a public research university located in Geneva, Switzerland. It was founded in 1559 by John Calvin. This Swiss university is the third-largest in Switzerland in terms of student enrolment.
More than 40% of the student population at the University of Geneva are International students. It ranks among the top 100 universities in the world.
The Faculty of Science, with the support of external partners, has established an Excellence Fellowship program open to outstanding and highly motivated students who wish to pursue a Master of Science degree in one of the disciplines covered by the Faculty1. Candidate selection is based on excellence.
The Masters of the Faculty of Science constitute an ideal training base for an academic but also professional development, opening on careers in industry, teaching, administration in sciences, communication, and media…
The programs Master’s degrees are either entirely in English, or in English and French (see the descriptions of each program)
|Hosted Country||Scholarships in Switzerland..|
|Issued||The University of Genova.|
|Language of Instruction:||English or/and French.|
|Study Mode||Full-Time Study.|
|Scholarship Duration||1-2 academic years.|
|No. of scholarships||Not specified.|
University of Genova Scholarships Program Areas
The Faculty of Science of the University of Geneva is an internationally recognized leading research institution. This cutting-edge research covers a broad range of scientific disciplines:
- Chemical Biology.
- Computer Science.
- Earth Sciences.
- Environmental Science.
- Mathematics and Computer Science.
- Prehistoric Archaeology.
Complete list of the Master programs
University of Genova Master Scholarships BENEFITS
University of Genova Excellence Master Scholarships covers a grant amounting to CHF 10,000 to CHF 15,000/year (no teaching duties). It is awarded for one year and extended for the regular duration of the chosen Master’s program (three or four semesters) provided the applicant is academically successful at the end of his/her first semester of studies.
Genova Scholarships Eligibility
Regardless of your home university, whether you have passed or are doing a brilliant bachelor’s degree, and that you are one of the best in your year2, this program is for you! You must meet the admission criteria of the Master of your choice3 and be selected on the basis of the application file for an Excellence Fellowship.
Students who have already started a Master’s program at the Faculty of Science can no longer apply for the Excellence Master Fellowship
For the application to be considered, each student has to fulfill the enrollment procedure as described on the Admissions office website.
The application (in English or French) must include the following documents in the form of a SINGLE pdf file:
- A scan of your national identity card or passport.
- A Curriculum Vitae (2 pages maximum).
- The transcript of exams passed during the bachelor’s education, with all grades.
- A motivation letter in which you describe your specific scientific interests and your motivation to pursue a Master of Science program at the University of Geneva.
- If possible: Letters of references from two professors (preferably sent by them directly to Excellence-Master-Sciences@unige.ch) attesting your aptitude to this program.
- Any other pertinent information like results of GRE (General requirement examination), TOEFL, or other language tests.
- The application is made online, from the beginning of January of each year. After registering, you will receive an e-mail containing a personal link allowing you to fill out the application form.
How to apply for École normale supérieure de Lyon Master Scholarships 2022
These are the steps to apply to the Swiss University of Geneva Excellence scholarships:
- Create a SWITCH Edu-ID Account If you meet the registration requirements, create a SWITCH Edu-ID Account. You will need to create an account by logging in (your personal email address and password). You will receive an email asking you to confirm the creation of a SWITCH Edu-ID account.
- Complete the online university registration application.
- Upload the required files to apply for the study program.
- Choosing to apply for the University of Geneva Excellence Master Fellowships.
- Review your application and it can be submitted.
In order for the application to be considered, each student must fulfill the registration procedures as described on the website of the Admissions Office.
The application deadline is 15 March 2022 (for Masters starting September 19, 2022).