If you are looking for a financial aid opportunity to study for free in South Korea and for all study levels of bachelor, master and PhD, then the Gwangju Institute fully funded scholarship in South Korea should be at the top of your list!
The Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology is considered one of the best educational institutions in South Korea and annually provides funding to a significant number of foreign students from outside Korea.
Through this article, you can check full information about Gwangju Institute fully funded scholarship 2021, funding, eligibility, required documents and application procedures!
All You Need to Know about Gwangju Institute fully funded scholarship in South Korea 2021
The Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST) is a public university established by the Korean government in 1993, research-oriented and one of the most prestigious schools in science and technology in South Korea.
GIST has carefully selected leading fields in science and technology, which include electrical engineering, computer science, materials science and engineering, mechanical engineering, earth sciences and environmental engineering, life sciences, physics and photon sciences, chemistry, biomedical sciences and engineering, nanobio materials and electronics, integrated technology, intelligence Artificial.
In addition, students admitted to GIST enjoy the privileges of fully funded scholarships, supplementary accommodation (including housing), and supplementary research funds among others
- Hosted Country: Scholarships in South Korea.
- Hosted University: Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST) .
- Duration: 3-5 years for undergraduate, 1-2 years for Master, 3-5 years for PhD.
- Coverage: Fully Funded.
- No. of Internships: Not specified.
- Language of Instruction: English.
- Study Mode: Full-Time Study.
- Eligibility: Undergraduate, Master and PhD.
Gwangju Institute Scholarship Areas
The scholarships provided by the Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology include all majors available at the university, and are programs related to the main colleges of the Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology in South Korea:
|Bachelor Degrees||Master and PhD|
|-Department of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
-Engineering and Applied Sciences
-Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
-Material Science and Engineering Concentration
-Earth Sciences and Environmental Engineering
|-Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science.
-Faculty of Mechanical Engineering.
-Faculty of Materials Science and Engineering.
-Faculty of Earth Sciences and Environmental Engineering.
-Faculty of Life Sciences.
-School of Physics and Chemistry.
-Department of Physics and Photon Sciences.
– Department of Nanobio Materials and Electronics.
-Department of Biomedical Sciences and Engineering.
Gwangju Institute Fully Funded Scholarship BENEFITS
Funding for Undergraduate
- Full exemption from tuition and application fees.
- Monthly stipend for living costs: 530,000 South Korean won per month.
- On-campus housing.
- Pay for a round-trip air ticket to South Korea.
Funding for the Master and PhD
Tuition Assistance (All students)
- Tuition fully supported: 3,415,000 won per semester
Monthly Stipends (All International Students)
- Student allowance: 140,000 won per month for M.S. students, 295,000 won per month for Ph.D. students
- Meal allowance: nearly 100,000 won per month
- International student allowance: 120,000 won per month
Research Assistantship (All students participating in research projects)
- 4,785,384 won per year of M.S.
- 12,263,262 won per year of Ph.D
Health Insurance (All International Students)
- 80% of the private health insuarance is supported.
- Other options may exist.
- Annual medical checkup
Flight Reimbursement (All Incoming International Students)
- Reimbursement for a one-way flight to Korea
※For the first time use only.
Scholarship Application Eligibility
Among the most important conditions for applying for a scholarship from the Gwangju Institute for Science and Technology in South Korea, we find:
- Foreign students whose parents are not Korean citizens.
- International students who have completed elementary, middle, and high school outside of Korea and have never attended any school (s) in Korea.
- Applicants who hold Korean citizenship (dual nationality) are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants who have attended an international school located in Korea are not eligible to apply.
Scholarship Required Documents
The required documents vary according to the level of study
Required documents for undergraduate programs
- Online Application
- One Recommendation Letter
- High School Profile
- High School / University Transcript
- Official Degree Certificate of High School
- Official English Proficiency Test Score Report ex) TOEFL(Code: 0144), IELTS, TEPS, TOEIC
- Standardized Official Test Score Report ex) SAT 1, SAT 2(Code: 7655), AP, IB diploma, GCE A-level,
ACT, International Olympiad, High school graduation or University Admission Test Score Report
- Passport Copy of applicant and both parent
- Official Document of Parent-child relationship
- Statement of Financial Resources
- Honors and Awards Optional
※ All documents must be submitted electronically via online application with both original copy and notarized version in English.
Required documents for Master and PhD programs
- Submission of the online application form.
- Original or notarized official degree certificates for all undergraduate and graduate (if
- Original or notarized official transcripts for all undergraduate and graduate (if applicable).
- Two letters of recommendation on the prescribed form in sealed envelopes.
- An official score report of the TOEFL, IELTS, TOEIC or TEPS.
- A copy of applicant’s passport.
- A letter of recommendation for the Matriculation Fee waiver on the prescribed form in a
sealed envelope(written by your department chair).
- A certificate of English language proficiency issued by your home university
(for Conditional Admission only)
Application Procedures for Gwangju Institute fully funded scholarship 2021
The application process for a scholarship from the Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology in South Korea requires you to choose the appropriate study program and ensure that all conditions for this program are met, and most importantly, to secure all the documents required to apply to the program and the university.
Among the most important required documents, we find filling out the application for applying to the university, so we recommend that you review this document available by the university to help foreign students fill out the application and apply to the university.
After filling out the application and securing the rest of the documents, you will be asked to print the application and attach it with the rest of the documents and put it in a sealed envelope and send the envelope to the university address in South Korea in order for your application to be fully studied. The address for sending the documents is the following:
Section of Student Services, .
2nd floor, Administration Building, GIST,T
123 Cheomdangwagi-ro, Buk-gu,
Gwangju, 61005, South Korea
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org / Tel: +82-62-715-2054 / Fax: +82-62-715-2059
The application deadline for Bachelor programs:
- 15th of March 2021.
For Master and PhD programs All materials must be submitted by the following deadlines:
- Fall Semester deadline: April 15, 2021.
- Spring Semester deadline: October 15, 2021.