The Hal Prize Nonfiction writing competition call for applicants for 2023 is now open! The Hal Prize is open to writers throughout the United States. The contest presented by the Peninsula Pulse, Write On, Door County and the Peninsula School of Art.
The Hal Prize Nonfiction writing Competition 2023 Details
- Fill out the form provided through the submission platform, Zealous. The entrant’s name should not appear on submitted pieces.
- Works submitted to the Hal Prize for judging should not be submitted to any other publication until after the annual Hal Prize issue is published. We will notify winners two weeks prior to the publication of 8142 Review in November.
- There is no limit to the number of entries you may submit in each category. However, please include just one photo/nonfiction/fiction/poem per submission. Previously unpublished works only, please.
- Fiction and nonfiction should be double spaced, in a simple 12 pt font and no more than 4,000 words. Fiction and nonfiction submissions are preferred as Microsoft Word or .rtf files with only one story per submission.
Digital entries only. Mailed submissions will not be accepted.
Who can enter the competition?
Competition Entry fee
There is a $10 submission fee for each submission.
The Hal Prize Nonfiction writing competition 2023 Prizes
- Exposure: All winners and honorable mentions are published in 8142 Review
- Money: First place receives $250, second place $100, third $50
- The Hal Mug:A coveted prize by submitters, the first place winner will receive a Hal Prize mug made by the potters at Clay Bay Pottery
The deadline for submission is the 2nd of September 2023.
You can check the competition website following this link.
Check other prizes and contests following International Competitions category