FutureLearn offers, in cooperation with BGI non-profit agency in the UK, a free online course: How To Start Your Career In Games Development. Learn how to start a career in games development by hearing from leading games producers, recruiters, and new developers.
About How To Start In Games Development Course
On this course, you’ll learn about the different skills used in games development teams. You’ll learn how to assess skills listed in job applications and discover strategies for demonstrating these skills when you apply.
You will practise sample interview questions and hear from industry experts on ways to stand out from the crowd. By the end of the course, you’ll be equipped with tools and techniques to help you start your career in games development.
|Offered by||FutureLearn platform in cooperation with BGI non-profit agency|
|Course duration:||4 weeks.|
|Weekly study:||2 hours.|
|Price||Free of charge.|
|Certificate upon Completion||Available with the paid version.|
|Already enrolled||11.472 students.|
- How games developers got their start in games development.
- What entry-level games programmers, artists, designers and producers do day to day and how they work together.
- What are the hidden professional skills that could make you easier to hire.
- What recruitment companies would like to see in your CV and what could help you stand out from the crowd.
- Tips on providing evidence that you can do a games job, even if you lack experience.
- Inside the interview room – what games studios are really looking for at interviews.
What will you achieve after course completion?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Explain the different roles, duties, processes and working relationships in games development teams.
- Evaluate the technical and professional skills used in games development.
- Assess and classify your skills and the skills you wish to develop.
- Describe key stages and employer expectations for successful games development applications.
- Apply strategies to evidence your professional and specialist skills.
- Justify experience and skills in a games interview setting, applying strategies to prepare to answer common questions.
- Develop a set of questions to ask at games interviews.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone interested in working in games development, including those who are studying or have studied games development at academies and/or universities.
How to enroll in How To Start In Games Development Course for free
The first step is to check the course official website and click on “Join Now”. In order to join the course you need to create a free accoung on Futurelearn website. Once you signed in, a welcome to the course page will pop up to you. That’s it! enjoy your free course!
The course official website:
You can start the course following this link:
Check other online free courses following Free Online Courses.