FutureLearn offers, in cooperation with the University of Sheffield, a free online course: How to Succeed at Writing Applications. This free three week course will help you produce a perfect CV, application and online profile when applying for a job or course.
About How to Succeed at Writing Applications Course
Experts from The Careers Service here at The University of Sheffield share their top tips to help you write exceptional applications, CVs (or résumés), covering letters and personal statements.
You’ll also hear from employers and admissions tutors to find out what they really look for in a candidate. And once you’ve written that perfect application, prepare for the next stage with our course: How to Succeed at: Interviews.
- Offered by: FutureLearn platform in cooperation with University of Sheffield.
- Course duration: 3 weeks.
- Weekly study: 3 hours.
- Price: Free of charge.
- Certificate upon Completion: Available in the paid version.
- Course language: English.
- Already enrolled: 253,968 students.
- Course Rating: 4.7/5.
What will you achieve after course completion?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Improve your chances of success in getting a job or securing a place on a university course
- Apply best practice techniques when applying for jobs, apprenticeships, placements and university courses, from preparing to apply, to writing CVs and completing application forms
- Identify what recruiters are looking for by analysing job adverts and researching employers and institutions, to find out how to adapt your offer to suit their requirements
- Develop a better understanding of your strengths and skills to tackle applying for your dream job or course with confidence
- Improve the way you promote yourself effectively through positive writing and a strong personal brand, creating an identity that looks impressive to a
- recruiter, whether that’s an employer or admissions tutor
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone applying for jobs or courses. It will be of particular interest to those in the early stages of their career, or those who are out of practice and need to update their skills. No prior knowledge or expertise are needed.
How to enroll in How to Succeed at Writing Applications course for free
The first step is to check the course official website and click on “Join Now”. In order to join the course you need to create a free accoung on Futurelearn website. Once you signed in, a welcome to the course page will pop up to you. That’s it! enjoy your free course!
The course official website:
You can start the course following this link:
Check other online free courses following Free Online Courses.