Interactive Competition for Designers call for applications is open now! Enter the most prestigious design competition for interactive media, the Communication Arts Interactive Competition.
Interactive Competition 2024 Details
Any project—interface design, educational and entertainment program, interactive product display or application—created for digital distribution on Desktop, interactive installation, handheld device, online service or the World Wide Web is eligible.
There is no eligibility period due to the rapidly-changing nature of interactive media. Submission of an entry acknowledges the right of Communication Arts to use it for exhibition and publication.
These categories are judged by the Interactive jury and will appear in the Interactive Annual. For a list of fees, please download the category PDF:
- Websites/Microsites: websites used for any purpose (including advertising, news, e-commerce, education and entertainment that utilize browser-based technologies).
- Social: social network applications, extensions and games designed for social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.
- Desktop: apps, widgets, branded experiences and games designed to run locally on Mac or PC desktops/laptops.
- Mobile: apps, mobile-optimized websites, games and location-aware services designed for iPhone, Android, Windows, etc.
- Tablets/Handheld Devices: apps, games, e-books, digital publishing and interactive sales presentations designed for tablets and handheld devices other than mobile phones.
- Environmental: interactive installations, kiosks, tables, in-store/window displays, out-of-home experiences, tradeshow and museum exhibits, corporate showrooms, etc.
- Other Interactive Media: any projects not covered in previous categories where interactivity is integral to the user experience.
- Student Work: any interactive projects created for school assignments.
Who can enter the competition?
The competition is open to designers from all around the world.
Any project published or produced for the first time from September 2022 through September 2023 is eligible. Entries may originate from any country, but they need an English translation for the jurors.
Competition Entry fee
For a list of fees, please download the category PDF:
Interactive Competition 2024 Prizes
Selected by an internationally representative panel of distinguished developers, interface designers, and creative directors, the winning entries will be distributed worldwide in the Communication Arts Interactive Annual, in print and digital editions, and on commarts.com, assuring important exposure to the creators of this outstanding work.
Each winning entrant will receive a personalized Award of Excellence, milled from solid aluminum, and award certificates issued for firms, individuals and clients.
CA’s Award of Excellence is one of the most-coveted awards in the industry. If chosen, winning places you in the highest ranks of your profession.
All competition entries are processed through their online competition system.
Before you begin the process of entering a competition, please have the following information and materials ready. This will make the process go quickly.
• Your contact information for registration and notification.
• Title and basic credits for each project.
• URLs or video files of work you want to submit.
Please submit only one version of each entry. Entries can be submitted in the following formats:
Video Entries: Must be in MOV, MP4, MPG or MPEG format, with a maximum file size of 500MB.
Web-Based Entries: All web-based entries must be viewable in a common web browser and accessible via the Internet for three months after the competition deadline. If the entry is not publicly accessible, please include the user name and password to your secure server. Web-based video demonstrations must be a direct link to the project and be no longer than five minutes in duration. No splash page or campaign overviews please.
Entries must be registered through our online competition system no later than Midnight (Pacific Standard Time), October 13, 2023. Entries registered after that date require a late fee of $10 per entry. No entries can be registered after October 27, 2023.
You can check the competition website following this link
Check other prizes and contests following International Competitions category