edX platform offers, in cooperation with the University of Edinburgh, a free online course: Introduction to Marketing. An introduction to the role of marketing in a competitive marketplace.
About The Introduction to Marketing Course
Do you want to learn how successful businesses use marketing to increase revenue, share and profitability?
In an increasingly competitive market, marketing skills are vital to help organizations stand out, win customers, build loyalty and sustain long term impact and returns.
This Introduction to Marketing course will help you understand the role of marketing and introduce you to the latest tools to help create value and competitive advantage. We explore how new businesses can achieve impact through marketing, providing you with unique insight to apply within your own business.
Learn how to build a compelling value proposition, establish presence in a market, and compete effectively against rivals. Learn how marketers use segmentation, targeting, positioning, branding, design, pricing, communication channels to win against competitors, attract customers and build brand loyalty.
Using real businesses as case studies, you will learn how companies such as Skyscanner, Vegware and Social Bite utilise marketing to build their brand, reach new customers and futureproof their businesses.
|The course is designed for||Beginner level.|
|Offered by||edX platform in cooperation with University of Edinburgh.|
|Course duration||6 weeks.|
|Study Hours||2–3 hours per week.|
|Price||Free of charge.|
|Certificate upon Completion||Available with the paid version.|
|Already enrolled||88,190 students.|
What you will learn
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- ow marketing creates value
- How marketing can influence perceptions, purchasing and loyalty
- How segmentation, targeting and positioning can lead to more effective and profitable marketing
- How successful brands are developed and sustained
- How design, pricing, distribution, communication, people, process and physical evidence can be used to build compelling and profitable marketing strategies
- How to develop digital marketing strategies, particularly through gamification
What you will learn from this course:
- Week 1: Role of Marketing
- Week 2: Consumers and Consumption
- Week 3: Segmentation, Targeting and Positioning
- Week 4: Designing Products and Services
- Week 5: Pricing and Channels
- Week 6: Communicating and Engaging
How to enroll in Introduction to Marketing course for free
Check the course official website and click on “Enroll”. Then you need to create a free account by providing your full name, public username, email and country of residence. In the next page click on “Audit This Course” as you see in the photo below.
After clicking on “Audit this course”, you can choose “Full Course, No Certificate” and then click on “Continue” to start your course for free!
The course official website:
You can start the course following this link Introduction to Marketing | edX
Check related courses following free marketing online courses
Check other online free courses following Free Online Courses.