FutureLearn offers, in cooperation with King’s College London in the UK, a free online course: Introduction to Nursing: The Role of Nurses Around the World. Understand the role of nurses: from personal care, to supporting families and communities, to public health and infection control.
About Introduction to Nursing course
Explore the role nurses play around the world
Are you interested in a career in nursing? Prepare with this course where you will explore how nursing contributes to the health and well-being of individuals and communities around the world.
You will learn about the different roles nurses play, including the role of nurses in public health. You will discover the principles of nursing and understand how nurses can help people and communities care for themselves.
This course has been created by the Florence Nightingale Faculty of Nursing, Midwifery & Palliative Care, as part of the PADILEIA project. It is supported by SPHEIR UK aid.
|Offered by||FutureLearn platform in cooperation with King’s College London.|
|Course duration:||4 weeks.|
|Weekly study:||3 hours.|
|Price||Free of charge.|
|Certificate upon Completion||Available with the paid version.|
|Already enrolled||26,573 students.|
What topics will the course cover?
- The roles and unique contributions of nurses globally
- Principles and applications of Holistic care within a local context
- How nursing can support people and communities to care for themselves
- The role of nurses in public health, and the role of World Health Organisation
- The triple impact of nursing. How nursing can improve health; promote gender equality; and contribute towards stronger economies
What will you achieve after course completion?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Explore the role of nurses globally, and explain the unique contribution of the nurse
- Explain the principles of holistic care and apply holistic care within the local context of health and well-being
- Investigate the impact of the nurse’s role in patients’ lives and local communities
- Reflect on the role of the World Health Organisation in public health
- Identify what contributes to health and well-being
- Discuss the role of nurses in: improving health; gender equality; stronger economies
Who is the course for?
This course will also be of interest to anyone looking to develop their knowledge of nursing and healthcare.
How to enroll in Introduction to Nursing Course for free
The first step is to check the course’s official website and click on “Join Now”. In order to join the course, you need to create a free account on Futurelearn website. Once you signed in, a welcome to the course page will pop up for you. That’s it! enjoy your free course!
The course official website:
You can start the course following this link:
Check related online courses following free online Healthcare & Medicine courses.
Check other online free courses following Free Online Courses.