Jiangsu Government offers fully-funded scholarships for excellent overseas students or scholars to undertake full-time study in universities and colleges of Jiangsu. Jasmine Jiangsu Government scholarships cover all majors available in any public university located in Jiangsu, whether for bachelor’s, master’s, or Ph.D. degrees.
Through this article, you can check all information regarding Jasmine Jiangsu Government’s fully funded scholarships, funding, eligibility, required documents, and application procedures!
All You Need to Know about Jasmine Jiangsu Government Scholarships in China
Jiangsu Provincial Government has set up the “Jasmine Jiangsu Government Scholarship” for international students to promote the development of higher education of International students in Jiangsu, to further improve the profile of Jiangsu Education to the world, to highlight the brand of “Study in Jiangsu” and to make Jiangsu a preferred province for international students to study in.
- Hosted Country: Scholarships in China.
- Hosted University: Jiangsu government.
- Duration: 1 – 4 years.
- Coverage: Fully Funded.
- No. of Internships: Not specified.
- Language of Instruction: English or Chinese.
- Study Mode: Full-Time Study.
- Eligibility: Undergraduate, Master, and Ph.D.
This scholarship will be provided to :
- Excellent foreign students who wish to undertake full-time study in universities and colleges in Jiangsu Province.
- Non-degree program students and exchange students in accordance with educational exchange agreements and MOUs between the Jiangsu Provincial Government and the governments of other states, institutions, universities, and international organizations.
Check: Beijing Government fully funded scholarships in China
Jiangsu Government Scholarships BENEFITS
1. Full Scholarship
- A fee waiver of tuition, registration, laboratory experiments, internship, and basic textbooks.
- Free on-campus dormitory accommodation or an accommodation allowance of CNY 10000 per year.
- A living allowance of CNY1, 500 per month
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Protection Scheme for International
2. Partial Scholarship
- College student: CNY20,000 per academic year; Duration: One academic year
- Undergraduate student / Postgraduate student: CNY 30,000 per academic year; Duration: One academic year.
- Non-degree program student / Exchange student: CNY2,000 per month; Duration: 3 to 12 months (in accordance with the agreement).
Scholarship Application Eligibility
Applicants for the Scholarship should meet all the following requirements:
- Applicants should be non-Chinese citizens and be in good health.
- Applicants for undergraduate programs must have a senior high school diploma with good academic performance and be under the age of 30.
- Applicants for master’s degree programs must have a bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35 with two letters of recommendation from professors or associate professors.
- Applicants for doctoral degree programs must have a master’s degree and be under the age of 40 with two letters of recommendation from professors or associate professors.
- Applicants should meet the language requirements of the higher education institutions and provide relevant proof, such as an HSK certificate, other Chinese learning and examination certificates, etc. The restriction can be relaxed for foreign students whose majors are taught in English.
- Applicants should not apply for other scholarships in the same time.
Application Conditions For Internal Students
- Applicants must be foreign self-funded undergraduate, postgraduate, and Ph.D. student who has normally enrolled in Jiangsu. Applicants who have applied for leave of absence, retaining student status or extension of schooling last year will not be allowed.
- Applicants must perform well in school without truancy, other violations of school regulations in school or other violations of Chinese laws and regulations off school.
- Applicants must have the right learning attitude and study hard. Applicant’s academic record should be excellent in the previous year.
- Applicants have not obtained any other scholarships in the same year.
Read: Fujian Provincial Government Scholarships in China
Scholarships required documents
Students need to submit the following documents:
- Application Form for Jiangsu Government Scholarship (Applicants shall obtain the form from the Higher Education Institutions or download it from the website of the targeted HEIs).
- Notarized highest diploma and transcripts.
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form
- Study plan or research plan should be submitted for degree or research students.
- Copy of the passport
- HSK certificate (The restriction can be relaxed for the foreign students whose majors are taught in English.)
- Please note that application documents will NOT be returned.
Application Procedures for Jasmine Jiangsu Government Scholarships
Applying for the Jiangsu Government Scholarships begins with choosing the Chinese university that best fits the student’s qualifications.
All Chinese universities participating in the Jiangsu Government Scholarships include on their website and within their registration form the option to apply for this scholarship for new international students.
For example, Yangzhou Polytechnic College is one of the Chinese universities included in this scholarship and publishes on its website information about requirements and steps to applying for the Jiangsu government scholarships to fund study there: sie.yzpc.edu.cn.
Chinese universities will assess all the applications and send the Scholarship Admission Notice, Admission Notice, and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201) to the candidates three months before the study begins.
The applications will be considered invalid and not accepted if applicants fail to meet the eligibility or the application materials are incomplete.
The host institutions will make a yearly review of the scholarship students’ performances. If the scholarship students violate the law of China or regulations of the host institutions, or the rules of BGS, the scholarship will be terminated.
30th of May of each yearز