To encourage outstanding international students to study at Jiangsu University (JSU) in China and increase their potential and abilities, JSU offers scholarships for all academic levels taught at the university, the Jiangsu University Presidential Scholarships.
Through this article, you can check all information regarding the Jiangsu University Presidential fully funded scholarships, funding, eligibility, required documents, and application procedures!
All You Need to Know about Jiangsu University Presidential scholarships
Jiangsu University is a top-ranked and prestigious research university located in Zhenjiang, Jiangsu Province, People’s Republic of China (PRC). It is a national key university jointly developed by the Jiangsu Provincial Government, the Chinese Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Affairs of the People’s Republic of China.
It is considered one of the oldest universities in China, as it was established in 1902, and currently, it has approximately 34,000 enrolled students, of whom 29,200 are enrolled in bachelor’s degrees and 4,300 are enrolled in postgraduate degrees.
Jiangsu University (JSU) offers 88 bachelor’s degree programs, 170 master’s degree programs, and around 42 Ph.D. degree programs.
The university is organized into the following schools and departments:
Jiangsu University offers scholarships for international students to study in any of the above educational colleges.
- Hosted Country: Scholarships in China.
- Hosted University: Jiangsu University (JSU).
- Duration: 2 – 5 years.
- Coverage: Fully Funded.
- No. of Internships: Not specified.
- Language of Instruction: English.
- Study Mode: Full-Time Study.
- Eligibility: Undergraduate, Master, and Ph.D.
Jiangsu University Presidential Scholarships BENEFITS
- Undergraduate Funding: CNY 10,000 annually.
- Funding for Masters: Annual scholarship of CNY 25,000.
- Funding for Ph.D.: tuition fees and accommodation with an additional living stipend (5,000 RMB per year).
Scholarship Application Eligibility
Applicants for the Scholarship should meet all the following requirements:
- Age requirement:
- Bachelor’s degree applicants: under 25 years old
- Master’s degree applicants: under 30 years old
- PhD applicants: under 40 years of age
- the living stipend is CNY 5,000 per year, which will be deposited into the student’s bank accounts according to attendance.
- For master’s and doctoral degree programs, the scholarship will be renewed once a year after the annual evaluation of the student’s performance (the scholarship awarded from the second year may increase or decrease according to the evaluation points).
- A change of university major is not approved by undergraduate students who have received the Presidential Scholarship from the university in the first year until after the student has compensated the amount of the scholarship to the university.
- This scholarship cannot be obtained if the student obtains another scholarship offered by the university
- This scholarship can only be applied for to study programs taught in English.
- For all programs and majors taught in Chinese, the student gets a 40% discount on tuition fees.
- In good health, in accordance with the Health Standards for International Students stipulated by the Ministry of Education, China.
- Good morals and discipline towards the laws and regulations of the Chinese government and university.
- Proficiency in English or Chinese language.
Application Procedures for Jiangsu University Presidential Scholarships
To apply for the Jiangsu University Presidential scholarships, the student must download the scholarship application following this link, fill it in with the required information, and then attach it with the rest of the documents required to apply for the chosen study program at the university.
Applications for university programs are done online at the following link: admission.ujs.edu.cn
There are two deadlines for application: the 8th of January, and the 15th of June of each year.