Maastricht University Scholarships in Netherlands is one of the best scholarships offered to study for free in the Netherlands. The Holland-High Potential Scholarship programme offers 24 full scholarships of € 29,000 (including tuition fee waiver and monthly stipend) each academic year for highly talented students from outside the European Union (EU)
Through this article, we will learn about the full information of the fully funded University of Maastricht scholarship..
All You Need to Know about Maastricht University Scholarships 2022
Maastricht University is a public university that was established in 1976 and is located in the city of Maastricht in the Netherlands. It is the second youngest Dutch university out of 13 universities. UM offers academic programs in a wide range of programs, including arts and culture, behavioral and political sciences, business, economics, health and life sciences, law, and knowledge engineering.
The Scholarship programme consists of both the High Potential Scholarship (funded by the Maastricht University Scholarship Fund), and the Holland Scholarship, which is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science in conjunction with Dutch universities and universities of applied sciences.
It is aimed at international students from outside the EU/EEA who wish to follow a full degree programme in the Netherlands.
|Hosted Country||Scholarships in Netherlands..|
|Language of Instruction:||English.|
|Study Mode:||Full-Time Study.|
|No. of scholarships:||24|
Maastricht University Scholarships Areas
The aim of the Dutch Maastricht University Postgraduate Scholarship Program is to support the pursuit of a full-time master’s degree in any of the scholarship programs within the following faculties (there are more than 50 subject areas included in the scholarship): College of Arts and Social Sciences. college of Law. College of Health, Medicine and Life Sciences. College of Science and Engineering. Faculty of Psychology and Neuroscience. College of Business and Economics.
All specializations included in the scholarship can be viewed by downloading this file.
Maastricht University Scholarships in Netherlands BENEFITS
|Living expenses||€ 12,350* (13 months) or € 23,750* (25 months)||Paid to students by the UM International Services Desk|
|Health & liability insurance||€ 700*||Arranged for and paid by the UM International Services Desk|
|Visa application costs||€ 192||Arranged for and paid by the UM International Services Desk|
|Tuition fees||€ 13,800*; € 16,000* or € 16,800* depending on the tuition of your study programme||Arranged for and paid by the UM International Services Desk|
|Pre-Academic Training costs||At cost||Arranged for and paid by the UM International Services Desk|
–ETH Zurich Excellence Scholarship in Switzerland (Fully Funded)
–University of Twente Scholarship in Netherlands (Fully Funded)
–Fully funded Novartis Reimagining Healthcare Scholarship in Japan
–The Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships (Fully Funded)
- You hold nationality in a country outside the EU/EEA, Switzerland or Surinam and meet the requirements for obtaining an entry visa and residence permit for the Netherlands.
- You do not hold a double nationality from an EU/EEA country.
- You have applied for admission to a full-time master programme at Maastricht University for the 2022-2023 academic year. List of the UM master programmes participating in this scholarship programme
- You meet the specific admission requirements of the UM master programme to which you have applied.
- You have never participated in a degree-seeking higher education programme in the Netherlands. Students who have completed exchange programmes in the Netherlands are welcome to apply.
- You are not older than 35 years of age on 1 September 2022.
- You have obtained excellent results during your prior education programmes, as demonstrated by your latest grade transcript or certified by academic excellence. If several applicants are equally qualified, UM will give preference to applicants whose academic transcript or certified letter of academic excellence demonstrate that they are among the top 5% of the 2022-2023 scholarship programme applicants.
- Curriculum Vitae Your CV should be up-to-date, contain relevant information about your education and (job) experience, and should not be longer than two A4 pages.
- Letter of motivation Your letter of motivation should be up-to-date and specifically tailored to this scholarship programme. Generic letters of admission that do not directly address your motivation for UM Holland-High Potential scholarship selection will be rejected. Your letter of motivation should be no longer than one A4 page. Be sure to argue why this scholarship is important to you, why you should be selected, and what your role as an ambassador of UM would be during your scholarship period, and during the upcoming years after you finish your studies at UM.
- Proof of academic excellence You may upload one of the following documents in order to prove your academic excellence:
- Your university transcript that explicitly states your grade point average or class ranking (i.e. first class honours) for your entire study programme; or,
- A letter signed by your institution’s Head of Department or Registrar stating that you are one of the top 20 students in the graduating year of your study programme. Please ensure that the letter contains the contact details of your Head of Department or Registrar.
- The contact details of one referee Please note that we check the authenticity of your referee by contacting your referee. Therefore, ensure that you take the following steps when choosing a referee and submitting their details:
- Relationship to applicant; indicate your referee’s connection to you. Is this your professor, thesis supervisor, employer? Please remember that family members may not function as referees.
- Work telephone number of your referee; be sure to include the applicable country calling code.
- Work or institutional email address of your referee. Letters referencing only a personal email address will be rejected.
- A reference letter from the referee you have provided.
Application Procedures for Maastricht University Scholarships 2022
Step 1: Register for one of the participating master programmes at UM
For further details on how to register for a master programme at UM, please see your prospective programme’s webpage. Once you have submitted your application via Studielink, you will receive a student ID number for UM. You will need a student number in order to complete and submit the Scholarship Application Form (see Step 2 below).
- Please note: only the master programmes in the list above are eligible for a UM Holland-High Potential Scholarship.
- Please note: you can apply for the master programme at UM and the scholarship simultaneously. However, you must be conditionally approved for admission to your master programme in order to be awarded a scholarship.
- Please note: if your study programme requires the payment of a handling fee as part of your programme’s admissions procedure, the UM International Services Desk does not cover handling fees. You are responsible for paying any handling fee your programme may require by 1 February 2022. To check whether your programme requires the payment of a handling fee, please check your programme’s webpage under the menu tab ‘Admission requirements’.
Step 2: Please fill in the application form.Please note that you will only be able to submit your application once, so please ensure that all of your documents and referee contact details are up-to-date
The scholarships open in October 2021 and close in the 1st of February 2022.