McGill University in Canada is considered one of the best universities in Canada, and it usually ranks among the top 50 universities in the world! This Canadian university offers annually scholarships to help foreign students finance their studies in one of the undergraduate programs offered by the university. McGill University Scholarships funding may last for a full 4 years!
Through this article, you can check full information about McGill University fully funded undergraduate scholarship 2022, eligibility, required documents and application procedures!
All You Need to Know about McGill University fully funded scholarship 2022
McGill University is a public research university located in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Founded in 1821. It is the only university with the University of Toronto, as two members of the Association of American Universities outside the United States. McGill University of Canada is consistently ranked in the top 50 universities in the world and among the top 3 universities in Canada. It is considered the best university in Canada for medical majors.
McGill offers degrees and diplomas in more than 300 fields and majors of study, with most students enrolled in the five largest colleges, namely Arts and Sciences, Medicine, Engineering and Management. With more than 30% of the university’s students come from outside Canada, from more than 150 different countries around the world.
- Hosted Country: Scholarships in Canada.
- Hosted University: McGill University.
- Duration: 4 years for undergraduate.
- Coverage: Fully Funded.
- No. of awards: Not Specified.
- Language of Instruction: English.
- Study Mode: Full-Time Study.
- Eligibility: Undergraduate.
McGill University scholarship Areas
The scholarships offered by McGill University in Canada include all majors available at the university, related to the following educational colleges:
- Business and Economics (45 programs).
- Education (16 programs).
- Engineering (28 programs).
- Environment (65 programs).
- Health Sciences (64 programs).
- Humanities and Social Sciences (83 programs).
- Languages (34 programs).
- Mathematics, Computing and Technology (48 programs).
- Music (19 programs).
- Politics and Law (28 programs).
- Pure and applied sciences (66 programs).
You can check all offered undergraduate programs following this link
McGill University Scholarship BENEFITS
The Canadian University does not specify any specific amount of funding. Rather, it states that the scholarships offered aim to help accepted students obtain adequate financial resources, by giving them financial aid, part-time work, parental support, and other sources of funding.
Whereas, the funding that the accepted students will receive depends on the following:
- The level of need shown by the student and his family compared to other applicants.
- The amount of tuition fees for the chosen study major.
Funding in scholarships is offered up to completion of a bachelor’s degree (maximum four years) provided that the renewal criteria (financial need and academic standing) are met.
The advantage associated with the funding is that students admitted to the scholarship will receive direct approval to work at the university through the “Work Study Program” upon application through Minerva.
Scholarship Application Eligibility
To be considered for the Entrance Bursary Program, applicants must:
- enrol in a full-time degree program at the University
- demonstrate financial need, including the intention to apply for government student aid and/or Indigenous Band Support Funding
Students registered with the Office for Students with Disabilities may be eligible for financial aid while pursuing a reduced course load.
Scholarship Required Documents
You will be required to present the following documents:
- Photocopy of the passport: The applicant must present a clear scanned copy of his or her regular passport.
- Graduation certificate and high school transcript.
- Evidence of English language proficiency:
- IELTS Test Certificate. or
- TOEFL Test Certificate.
Depending on the major you want to apply for, you may need to submit additional documents.
Application Procedures for McGill University fully funded scholarship 2022
Upon notification of acceptance to the University (either by formal letter or via the Admissions Status page on Minerva), the application becomes available on Minerva: select the Financial Aid/Awards tab > Financial Aid Menu > Apply for a McGill Entrance Bursary > Apply to Entrance Bursary Program > Complete then submit your application.
- Canadian (citizen or permanent residents) students living outside of Canada must submit a CSS Financial Aid Profile to the Scholarships and Student Aid Office in addition to the McGill Minerva aid application.
- U.S. students who wish to apply to the Entrance Bursary Program from the University must submit a CSS Profile in addition to the McGill Minerva aid application.
- International (non-US) students who wish to apply to the Entrance Bursary Program from the University must submit a CSS Profile in addition to the McGill Minerva aid application.
If you are a student with a disability who requires help completing online applications, please do not hesitate to contact us.
We strongly recommend applying within 30 days from the date of formal acceptance to the University as funding for this program is limited and offered on a rolling basis until resources are exhausted.
The application officially closes on June 30th.