edX platform offers, in cooperation with Curtin University, a free online course: Online Marketing Strategies. Learn about online marketing opportunities and how to use the Internet, social media, and digital analytics to successfully market your business.
About The Online Marketing Strategies Course
The Internet has emerged as a platform to facilitate global commerce and communication. Its exponential growth has transformed the value chain of virtually every industry, and millions of commercial businesses are now doing business online. This course will introduce you to the range of marketing uses of the Internet.
You will learn how to:
- use basic e-marketing tools relevant to the internet marketing context;
- apply marketing strategies such as segmentation, targeting, positioning, and differentiation to an online context;
- analyse the online consumer exchange process and its outcomes;
- evaluate product, pricing, distribution and communication marketing functions in a firm’s internet marketing strategy;
- evaluate the role of social media in the marketing context;
- use digital analytics to evaluate and optimise the effectiveness of digital marketing strategies.
You will explore how marketing online differs from a traditional marketing environment, and identify and discuss web-based marketing opportunities such as using Facebook, Twitter and Google in today’s business world.
The digital landscape is fast-paced and continually changing, yet is an equally challenging and exciting environment in which to work. This course is relevant to anyone working in marketing, communications, public relations, social media and advertising.
|The course is designed for||Advanced level.|
|Offered by||edX platform in cooperation with CurtinX.|
|Course duration||12 weeks.|
|Study Hours||8–10 hours per week.|
|Price||Free of charge.|
|Certificate upon Completion||Available with the paid version.|
|Already enrolled||88,190 students.|
What you will learn
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Use basic e-marketing tools
- Apply traditional marketing strategies in an online environment
- Evaluate a firm’s internet marketing strategy
The course will be five weeks long. The different weeks will focus on the following:
- Topic 1: Introduction to digital marketing/global issues/digital marketing plan
- Topic 2: Segmentation, targeting, differentiation and positioning strategies
- Topic 3: Digital marketing management: distribution and promotion strategies
- Topic 4: Digital marketing management: product and pricing strategies
- Topic 5: Digital marketing tools: website, Google AdWords, Google Analytics, AdSense, etc.
- Topic 6: Strategic digital marketing and performance metrics
- Topic 7: Online consumer behaviour and psychology
- Topic 8: Planning and developing website and content
- Topic 9: Social Media Marketing
- Topic 10: Digital Analytics
How to enroll in Online Marketing Strategies course for free
Check the course official website and click on “Enroll”. Then you need to create a free account by providing your full name, public username, email and country of residence. In the next page click on “Audit This Course” as you see in the photo below.
After clicking on “Audit this course”, you can choose “Full Course, No Certificate” and then click on “Continue” to start your course for free!
The course official website:
You can start the course following this Online Marketing Strategies | edX.
Check related courses following free marketing online courses
Check other online free courses following Free Online Courses.