Tianjin University in China offers Peiyang Future Scholar Scholarship, one of the most popular and most important scholarships offered for international students to study in China for free.
Through this article, you can check all information regarding the Peiyang Future Scholar fully funded scholarships, funding, eligibility, required documents, and application procedures!
All You Need to Know about Peiyang Future Scholar scholarships in China
Tianjin University is a public research university located in Tianjin, China. It is famous for being the first university in China with a significant shift towards modernization and the adoption of Western educational models.
The university was established with the aim of providing modern education in engineering and mining, and later expanded to include programs in science, business, law, humanities, and other fields. Currently, Tianjin University is one of the largest multidisciplinary engineering universities in China.
Scholarships are available for all majors offered by this Chinese public University for master’s and doctoral degrees. Tianjin University in China has the following educational colleges:
- Hosted Country: Scholarships in China.
- Hosted University: Nankai University.
- Duration: 2 – 5 years.
- Coverage: Fully Funded.
- No. of Internships: Not specified.
- Language of Instruction: English or Chinese.
- Study Mode: Full-Time Study.
- Eligibility: Master, and Ph.D.
Peiyang Future Scholar scholarships BENEFITS
Supporting Categories and Scholarship Duration
|Program||Program Duration||Scholarship Duration||Scholarship Type||Scholarship Standard|
|PhD||4 years||4 years||Full||Tuition subsidy: 38000RMB/academic year, Living allowance: 3500RMB/month, Free accommodation on campus|
|Master||2-3 years||2-3 years||Full||Tuition subsidy: 30000RMB/academic year, Living allowance: 3000RMB/month, Free accommodation on campus|
Scholarship Application Eligibility
Applicants for the Scholarship should meet all the following requirements:
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with valid passports.
- An applicant for a master’s degree at the university must have a bachelor’s diploma and be less than 35 years old.
- An applicant applying to study a doctoral degree must have a master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
- Applicants must be of good moral character, in good physical and mental health, and willing to comply with the Chinese laws and regulations of Tianjin University.
- Language proficiency requirements:
- Applicants for programs taught in Chinese must submit HSK certificates. Minimum requirement of HSK4 (score 195 or above) for Engineering/Science; HSK5 (score of 180 or higher) is required for business and liberal arts. (Native Chinese speakers or applicants who study in Chinese during master’s studies may be exempted from the HSK exam after being approved by Tianjin University)
- Applicants for English-taught programs must provide a certificate of English language proficiency (native speakers of English are exempted). TOEFL: no less than 80, IELTS: no less than 6.0. (English speakers are exempted. Applicants who can obtain a master’s diploma taught in English can submit a master’s level English language teaching certificate instead of IELTS and TOEFL certificates）
Scholarships required documents
Students need to submit the following documents:
- Bachelor’s degree graduation certificate with transcripts for the full years of study.
- A copy of the valid passport.
- Chinese or English language proficiency test.
- Study or research plan: no less than 800 words in English or Chinese.
- Two letters of recommendation in English or Chinese from two professors or associate professors (please click to download the form).
- Conditional Admission Form for International Student by a TJU Professor (Please click to download the form). Remember to upload it to the application system, if you get your acceptance letter. Please click here for contacts from professors.
- A copy of the Foreigner Physical Examination Form (the medical examinations must cover all the items listed).
- The applicant does not have any criminal record.
Application Procedures for Peiyang Future Scholar scholarships at Tianjin University
Applicants should log in to “Nankai University International Student Online Service Registration Platform following nankai.at0086.cn and fill out the application information.
TJU accepts students into scholarships based on the evaluation of the applicants’ academic record, language proficiency, and interview performance. The admission committee of the respective department/school will review the application documents and select applicants for further interviews.
The application deadline is the 15th of July each year.