FutureLearn offers, in cooperation with King’s College London in the UK, a free online course: Caring for People with Psychosis and Schizophrenia. Explore the key issues related to caring for a relative with psychosis or schizophrenia, with this short, free online course.
About Caring for People with Psychosis and Schizophrenia Course
Discover the biology and chemistry behind forensic science
How does forensic science really work? How are scientific principles applied in crime scenes? Answer these questions and more with this course from the team who teach the longest-running forensic science programme of its type in England.
On the course you will get an introduction to the chemistry and biology of forensic science. You will examine the methods used in forensic science and learn about how these technique are used in crime scenes and explained in the court room.
|Offered by||FutureLearn platform in cooperation with King’s College London.|
|Course duration:||4 weeks.|
|Weekly study:||2 hours.|
|Price||Free of charge.|
|Certificate upon Completion||Available with the paid version.|
|Already enrolled||54,423 students.|
What will you achieve after course completion?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Describe the key symptoms and causes of psychosis, the role of psychological and pharmacological treatments, and the meaning and process of recovery
- Identify common physical health problems in psychosis and obstacles to implementing healthier lifestyle options
- Describe the impact that psychosis can have on individuals in a caregiving role and strategies to support improved wellbeing
- Discuss techniques for reducing communication difficulties in caregiving relationships
Who is the course for?
This course is open to anyone with an interest in psychosis and caregiving issues. You may be interested in taking the course because:
- you know someone with psychosis, perhaps your child, partner, sibling, parent or friend and are providing support
- you are a professional working in a service or other mental healthcare organisation, with an interest in psychosis and families
- you have an interest in mental health problems.
No previous knowledge of psychosis or experience of caring is required to take the course although some medical terminology is used. There are optional, additional materials for those who want to explore the topics discussed beyond the core material, some of which are academic papers.
How to enroll in Caring for People with Psychosis and Schizophrenia Course for free
The first step is to check the course’s official website and click on “Join Now”. In order to join the course, you need to create a free account on Futurelearn website. Once you signed in, a welcome to the course page will pop up for you. That’s it! enjoy your free course!
The course official website:
You can start the course following this link:
Check related online courses following free online Psychology & Mental Health courses.
Check other online free courses following Free Online Courses.