FutureLearn offers, in cooperation with Raspberry Pi Foundation in the UK, a free online course: Programming with Graphical User Interface (GUI). Learn what a Graphical User Interface is and write your own GUI-based applications with this practical course for teachers.
About Programming with Graphical User Interface Course
Are you a beginner at Python, hoping to improve your programming knowledge and build your own GUI? This 3-week course, aimed at computer science teachers in particular, will teach you how to create your own Graphical User Interface (GUI) with guizero.
Experiment with widgets and understand event-driven programming
On this course supported by Google, you will learn how to incorporate more interactivity in your program to make it interesting.
You will experiment with different types of widgets and build the confidence to design more complex GUI-based apps in the future.
Master user experience and create a GUI-based game
We’ll concentrate on user experience by showing you how to improve the layout of your GUI. You’ll learn how to put widgets inside boxes, change their size and alignment, and give users access to more controls.
At the end of the course, you’ll put everything that you’ve learnt into practice to make an emoji-matching game.
If you don’t have much experience with Python, perhaps complete Programming 101: An Introduction to Python for Educators course first.
|FutureLearn platform in cooperation with Raspberry Pi Foundation.
|Free of charge.
|Certificate upon Completion
|Available with the paid version.
- Using widgets to build a GUI.
- Responding to user inputs using events.
- Reading and modifying the properties of widgets.
- Designing GUIs and using boxes and either auto or grid layouts to implement them.
- Adjusting the appearance of your GUI to improve the user experience.
- Using time-based events.
- Decomposing a project to make it more manageable.
What will you achieve after course completion?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Experiment with different widgets that can be used to build a GUI
- Develop a GUI that responds to the user through the use of events
- Explain how event driven programming works, and the differences between an event driven program and a procedural program
- Produce a countdown timer using guizero’s built-in methods
- Design several different GUIs, including a text editor and a picture-matching game
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for teachers delivering computer science lessons up to GCSE level or equivalent. It’s aimed at teachers who have basic experience with Python.
How to enroll in Programming with Graphical User Interface Course for free
The first step is to check the course official website and click on “Join Now”. In order to join the course you need to create a free accoung on Futurelearn website. Once you signed in, a welcome to the course page will pop up to you. That’s it! enjoy your free course!
The course official website:
You can start the course following this link:
Check related online courses following Teaching Free Online Courses.
Check other online free courses following Free Online Courses.