The Rookie Awards Competition call for applicants for 2023 is now open! The 13th Annual Rookie Awards is open to young creatives in visual effects, animation, games, virtual reality, motion graphics, and 3d visualization. There is simply no better way to launch your career and start sharing your amazing work online.
Rookie Awards Competition 2023 Details
With a panel of industry professionals evaluating your work, you’ll receive valuable feedback and recognition that will boost your confidence and inspire you to pursue your passion with even greater determination.
It’s time to take a chance and show the world what you’re capable of! Enter the Rookie Awards and let your work speak for itself. Just like these amazing stories, you never know where it might lead you, but you’ll surely be one step closer to realizing your dream.
What should you submit?
Your task is to create an entry page that showcases your creative and technical abilities, specifically related to your chosen category listed below.
Think of this contest as a job application, where your objective is to impress recruiters with a single entry page that showcases all of your top projects.
To do this effectively, be sure to provide a comprehensive explanation of how you created each project, using supporting images, videos, and text to bring your work to life.
Entrants must be at least 18 years of age or older, and have no more than one year of professional industry experience at the time of the contest’s closing date, which is June 1, 2023, working in the fields of:
2D Animation, 3D Animation, Concept Art, Game Development, Visual Effects, Architectural Visualisation, Motion Graphics, Immersive Media, Product Design or Virtual Fashion.
Groups & Categories
With 5 main Contest Groups to choose from, this contest has something for everyone. Whether you’re an individual artist or a team, you’re sure to find a category that inspires you.
- Rookie of the Year – 10 categories open to individual artists to showcase their specific industry based skills.
- Film of the Year – 3 individual/team based categories for artists working on films.
- Game of the Year – 3 individual/team based categories for artists working on games.
- Career Opportunities – Various opportunities provided by production studios.
Who can enter the competition?
Competition Entry fee
The competition is free to enter.
Rookie Awards Competition 2023 Prizes
- $35K Random Giveaway: One lucky winner will be picked at random and win a massive giveaway with everything you could ever need.
- 21 Career Opportunities: There is simply no better way to launch your career with opportunities at their partner studios.
- 100+ Software & Hardware
And much more! Check prizes following this link
The Artist must submit an entry directly from a category page for the Rookie Awards 2023. Only entries that are submitted here will be reviewed by our judging panel and considered an official entry. Submissions uploaded to the Projects section of the website will not be considered.
- Open for Entries 7 March 2023.
- Closed for Entries 1 June 2023.
- Finalists announced 9th July 2023.
- Winners announced 27th July 2023.
You can check the competition website following this link.
Check other prizes and contests following International Competitions category