Shandong University Scholarships aims to support new international students to pursue their studies in any program at the university, whether for bachelor’s, master’s or PhD degrees. This scholarships is held on annual basis and it’s fully funded by Shandong University.
Through this article, you can check all information regarding the Shandong University fully funded scholarships, funding, eligibility, required documents, and application procedures!
All You Need to Know about Shandong University scholarships in China
Shandong University is a public research university located in Jinan, Shandong, China. It’s one of the largest universities in China in terms of the number of students that exceed 67,000 students, of whom 42,000 are enrolled in undergraduate degrees and 25,000 are enrolled in postgraduate degrees.
Shandong University has eight campuses, most of them are located in the provincial capital, Jinan.
Shandong University of China has 35 educational colleges and schools with a wide variety of majors. The university has the following educational schools and colleges:
Shandong University offers scholarships for international students to study in any of the above educational colleges.
- Hosted Country: Scholarships in China.
- Hosted University: Shandong University.
- Duration: 2 – 5 years.
- Coverage: Fully Funded.
- No. of Internships: Not specified.
- Language of Instruction: English or Chinese.
- Study Mode: Full-Time Study.
- Eligibility: Undergraduate, Master, and Ph.D.
Check: Jiangsu University Presidential fully funded scholarships in China
Shandong University Scholarships BENEFITS
Funding includes tuition fees waiver for the duration of the study, monthly stipend, accommodation, and health insurance.
Scholarship Application Eligibility
Applicants for the Scholarship should meet all the following requirements:
- Applicants must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good mental and physical health.
- Degree and age requirements:
- Applicants must hold a high school graduate or an equivalent qualification and be under the age of 25 when applying for Bachelor programs;
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent qualification and be under the age of 35 when applying for Master programs;
- Applicants must hold a Master’s degree or an equivalent qualification and be under the age of 40 when applying for Ph.D. programs.
- Applicants must have excellent academic performance and strong scientific research skills.
- Applicants cannot be awarded any other scholarship funded by the Chinese government during the period of receiving the SDU Scholarship.
- Language requirements for programs taught in Chinese:
- Applicants must have obtained 210 points or above in the HSK 4 test when applying for Bachelor programs;
- Applicants must have obtained 180 points or above in the HSK 5 test when applying for Master programs;
- Applicants must have obtained 180 points or above in the HSK 6 test when applying for Ph.D. programs.
- Language requirements for programs taught in English
- Applicants whose native language is English are exempt from providing English language certification.
- Applicants whose native language is not English are required to submit the results of the IELTS (6.0 or above), TOEFL (80 points or above, SDU’s DI code: C296), MyBest Scores (80 points or above), Essentials test (8 points or above) or other equivalent certificates of English proficiency.
- Applicants whose native language is not English and who have obtained their highest degree in an institution where the primary language of instruction is English, do not need to provide IELTS/TOEFL scores, but must submit a letter of proof, signed, and stamped by the administering institution, stating the entire program was delivered in English.
Read: Fujian Provincial Government Scholarships in China
Application Procedures for Shandong University Scholarships
Eligible applicants must log in to the SDU Online Application System for International Students (http://www.apply.sdu.edu.cn) to complete the application.
The electronic Application Form for Shandong University Scholarship for International Students must be filled in in Chinese or English. The application form should be signed by the applicant, scanned and then uploaded to the system. Paper applications sent by post will not be needed. For other requirements, please refer to the application instructions.
- Application Instructions for International Students (Bachelor Programs)
- Application Instructions for International Students (Master Programs)
- Application Instructions for International Students (Ph.D. Programs)
The final result is expected to be announced on September 1st at the latest. Scholarship awardees will be notified via email. It is also encouraged to log in to the SDU Online Application System for International Students to check the status.
The application deadline is the end of March each year.