FutureLearn offers, in cooperation with the University of Leeds, a free online course: Essential Skills for Your Career Development. Take charge of your career development and identify the skills you need to plan and achieve your career goals.
About Essential Skills for Career Development Course
Learn the professional career development tools to get your career on track. Most people want to achieve career success, but how can you make it a reality?
On this course, you’ll get the tools to take your career to the next level. Using planning tools, you’ll establish goals for your career and how to achieve them.
You’ll learn how to navigate the process of applying for jobs and interviews, and consider the importance of transferable skills and creating the right professional networks.
You’ll also hear from like-minded individuals who propelled their careers forward using similar career development plans.
- Offered by: FutureLearn platform in cooperation with University of Leeds.
- Course duration: 2 weeks.
- Weekly study: 2 hours.
- Price: Free of charge.
- Certificate upon Completion: Available, the course include free digital upgrade.
- Course language: English.
- Already enrolled: 58,815 students.
- Course Rating: 4.6/5.
What will you achieve after course completion?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Identify different approaches to growing your career.
- Explore a roadmap, vision board for your career path.
- Explain your career vision clearly.
- Identify key individuals, organisations and platforms for your network.
- Develop communications to engage key leads.
- Evaluate the impact of your strategy and iterate accordingly.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for people who have digital skills but would like to build confidence in using digital technology in the workplace.
This may include those studying for A-levels, those who have a degree, or those who want to improve their career prospects.
The course will also be useful for anyone in employment who wants to boost their digital skills or anyone returning to the workplace who’d like to gain confidence in how working practices have evolved.
How to enroll in Essential Skills for Career Development course for free
The first step is to check the course official website and click on “Join Now”. In order to join the course you need to create a free accoung on Futurelearn website. Once you signed in, a welcome to the course page will pop up to you. That’s it! enjoy your free course!
The course official website:
You can start the course following this link:
Check other online free courses following Free Online Courses.