FutureLearn offers, in cooperation with King’s College London in the UK, a free online course: The Science Behind Forensic Science. Get an introduction to the science of forensic science and discover how it’s applied in the real world.
About The Science Behind Forensic Science course
Discover the biology and chemistry behind forensic science
How does forensic science really work? How are scientific principles applied in crime scenes? Answer these questions and more with this course from the team who teach the longest-running forensic science programme of its type in England.
On the course you will get an introduction to the chemistry and biology of forensic science. You will examine the methods used in forensic science and learn about how these technique are used in crime scenes and explained in the court room.
|Offered by||FutureLearn platform in cooperation with King’s College London.|
|Course duration:||4 weeks.|
|Weekly study:||2 hours.|
|Price||Free of charge.|
|Certificate upon Completion||Available with the paid version.|
|Already enrolled||10,339 students.|
What topics will the course cover?
- Introduction to Forensic Science and the Crime Scene
- Forensic Biology
- Forensic Chemistry
- Evidence in the Court Room
What will you achieve after course completion?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Demonstrate an understanding of how a crime scene is evaluated and some of the analytical techniques required for an analysis of the evidence.
- Apply the chemistry knowledge acquired to approach the learning and understanding of more sophisticated techniques used in forensic science
- Demonstrate an understanding of the genome that enables them to comprehend forensic DNA analysis
- Demonstrate an appreciation of strengths and limitations of an adversarial judicial system in giving forensic evidence
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone interested in discovering more about forensic science. It will be especially useful if you’re thinking of studying forensic science in the future or if you work in a field related to forensic science (for example law or the police force) and want to find out more.
How to enroll in The Science Behind Forensic Science Course for free
The first step is to check the course’s official website and click on “Join Now”. In order to join the course, you need to create a free account on Futurelearn website. Once you signed in, a welcome to the course page will pop up for you. That’s it! enjoy your free course!
The course official website:
You can start the course following this link:
Check related online courses following free online Healthcare & Medicine courses.
Check other online free courses following Free Online Courses.