Tianjin Government offers fully-funded scholarships for international students interested in studying at Chinese universities in Tianjin. Tianjin Government scholarships cover all majors available in any public university located in Tianjin, whether for bachelor’s, master’s, or Ph.D. degrees.
Through this article, you can check all information regarding Tianjin Government fully funded scholarships, funding, eligibility, required documents, and application procedures!
All You Need to Know about Tianjin Government scholarships in China
To promote the development of higher education of International students in Tianjin, and to further improve talent cultivation, scientific research, social service, and cultural exchange, Tianjin Government has set up a Scholarship (TGS) for International students.
- Hosted Country: Scholarships in China.
- Hosted University: Tianjin government.
- Duration: 1 – 4 years.
- Coverage: Fully Funded.
- No. of Internships: Not specified.
- Language of Instruction: English or Chinese.
- Study Mode: Full-Time Study.
- Eligibility: Undergraduate, Master, and Ph.D.
Recipients are International Students in Tianjin and students who wish to study in Tianjin.
Recipients are the undergraduate or the higher level foreign students who are applying to study in Tianjin and the excellent international students who are studying in Tianjin.
Tianjin Government Scholarships BENEFITS
- Doctoral student scholarship: 40,000 RMB/person/year.
- Master student scholarship: 30,000 RMB/person/year.
- Undergraduate student scholarship: 20,000 RMB/person/year.
Scholarship Application Eligibility
Applicants for the Scholarship should meet all the following requirements:
- Applicants should be non-Chinese citizens and be in good health.
- Applicants for undergraduate programs must have a senior high school diploma with good academic performance and be under the age of 30.
- Applicants for master’s degree programs must have a bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35 with two letters of recommendation from professors or associate professors.
- Applicants for doctoral degree programs must have a master’s degree and be under the age of 40 with two letters of recommendation from professors or associate professors.
- Applicants should meet the language requirements of the higher education institutions and provide relevant proof, such as an HSK certificate, other Chinese learning and examination certificates, etc. The restriction can be relaxed for foreign students whose majors are taught in English.
- Applicants should not apply for other scholarships in the same time.
Application Conditions For Internal Students
- Applicants must be foreign self-funded undergraduate, postgraduate, and Ph.D. student who has normally enrolled in Tianjin. Applicants who have applied for leave of absence, retaining student status or extension of schooling last year will not be allowed.
- Applicants must perform well in school without truancy, other violations of school regulations in school or other violations of Chinese laws and regulations off school.
- Applicants must have the right learning attitude and study hard. Applicant’s academic record should be excellent in the previous year.
- Applicants have not obtained any other scholarships in the same year.
Scholarships required documents
Students need to submit the following documents:
- Application Form for Tianjin Government Scholarship (Applicants shall obtain the form from the Higher Education Institutions or download it from the website of the targeted HEIs).
- Notarized highest diploma and transcripts.
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form
- Study plan or research plan should be submitted for degree or research students.
- Copy of the passport
- HSK certificate (The restriction can be relaxed for the foreign students whose majors are taught in English.)
- Please note that application documents will NOT be returned.
Application Procedures for Tianjin Government Scholarships
Applying for the Tianjin Government Scholarships begins with choosing the Chinese university that best fits the student’s qualifications.
All Chinese universities participating in the Tianjin Government Scholarships include on their website and within their registration form the option to apply for this scholarship for new international students.
For example, Tianjin University is one of the Chinese universities included in this scholarship and publishes on its website information about requirements and steps to applying for the Tianjin government scholarships to fund study there: sie.tju.edu.cn/en.
Chinese universities will assess all the applications and send the Scholarship Admission Notice, Admission Notice, and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201) to the candidates three months before the study begins.
The applications will be considered invalid and not accepted if applicants fail to meet the eligibility or the application materials are incomplete.
The host institutions will make a yearly review of the scholarship students’ performances. If the scholarship students violate the law of China or regulations of the host institutions, or the rules of BGS, the scholarship will be terminated.
Upon graduation, scholarship students will be reviewed comprehensively, and the result will be submitted to the office of the Tianjin Government Scholarship Management Team.
The Higher Education Institutions must submit Scholarship List and application documents to Tianjin Municipal Education Commission by June 15.