Trieste Contemporanea International Design Competition 2022 edition is now open! It announces the 14th edition of the International Design Contest with the aim of showcasing the most original design offerings from the countries of Central Eastern Europe. The contest is under the auspices of the Central European Initiative.
Trieste Contemporanea Design Competition Details
The 2022 edition of the competition aims to reflect on individual contribution we can make to sustainable development. Basic issues of concern are how to effectively change ourselves and increase our responsibility to others and to our planet.
Contestants are asked to conceive an original and innovative item of contemporary design taking into account sustainable development objectives.
Every participant entering the competition should mandatorily submit the following documents:
- candidate’s CV.
- a copy of the Identification Document of the single candidate/group leader.
- the project of the design object conceived for the competition (which should be unpublished), containing all the information required for its production.
- an account describing the rationale behind the conception of the new design object created.
- The format and maximum size of the documents to upload are specified in the online application form.
Who can enter the competition?
Competition Entry fee
There is no entry fee.
Trieste Contemporanea Design Competition Prizes
- The works SELECTED by the jury will be published in an online catalogue on the Trieste Contemporanea website.
- BEBA PRIZE 2021, for the youngest designer individually participating, among those selected: € 1000.
- CEI PRIZE 2021, for the best design from one of the nonEU CEI countries: € 3000.
- GILLO DORFLES PRIZE / FIRST PRIZE TRIESTE CONTEMPORANEA 2021, for the best design 2021: € 4000.
Each contestant can enter only a single project.
You can check the competition website following this link.
Check other prizes and contests following International Competitions category