The University of Lethbridge, Canada, offers scholarships for international students to enroll in a master and PhD degree in all disciplines available at the university. Among the most important scholarships available at the university, Alberta Graduate Excellence Scholarship (AGES).
Through this article, you can check full information about University of Lethbridge Alberta Excellence Scholarship 2022, eligibility, required documents and application procedures!
All You Need to Know about Alberta Excellence Scholarship 2022
The University of Lethbridge is a public research university, founded in 1967 and located in Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada, with a second campus in Calgary, Alberta. And it is considered one of the best Canadian universities and the highest ranked in Canada and the world.
The University of Lethbridge welcomes more than 8,900 undergraduates and students from all over the world annually. The university offers more than 150 undergraduate programs (bachelors) and 70 graduate programs in Arts and Sciences, Education, Fine Arts, Health Sciences, Liberal Education, Graduate Studies, and Dillon Business School.
The Alberta Graduate Excellence Scholarship recognizes outstanding academic achievement of students pursuing graduate studies in Alberta. It was established to incent the best and the brightest students, including international students, to study in Alberta. The number of awards available within each faculty is based on the previous years’ full-time enrollments.
- Hosted Country: Scholarships in Canada.
- Hosted University: University of Lethbridge.
- Duration: 2-5 years .
- Coverage: Partially Funded.
- No. of awards: Not specified.
- Language of Instruction: English.
- Study Mode: Full-Time Study.
- Eligibility: Master and PhD.
University of Lethbridge Award (AGES) Areas
- Doctor of Philosophy
- Doctor of Philosophy in Education
- Master of Arts
- Master of Counselling
- Master of Education
- Master of Fine Arts
- Master of Music
- Master of Nursing
- Master of Science
- Master of Science in Management
Alberta Graduate Excellence Scholarship BENEFITS
- $11,000 for Masters students
- $15,000 for Doctoral students
Scholarship Application Eligibility
To be eligible to apply for the University of Lethbridge Scholarships, certain conditions must be fulfilled:
- The student must have completed the application process at the University of Lethbridge and for one of the majors available for MA or PhD degrees. Consequently, the student needs to be admitted to or continuing in a full-time thesis based or project based masters or doctoral program excluding programs within the Faculty of Education.
- Current students must have earned a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.5 or greater; students where no graded coursework is available, the admission GPA will be used.
- English language requirements: The university offers 6 different options to provide proof of the student’s proficiency in the English language:
- Successful completion of a baccalaureate or masters degree in an accredited institution where the language of instruction is English.
- International Academic English Language Testing System (IELTS) test.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL (iBT)).
- Pearson Academic Test of English (PTE).
- Canadian Academic English Language Assessment (CAEL).
- Successful completion of the advanced level of the University of Lethbridge’s English for Academic Purposes (EAP) program
- There may be specific requirements for students coming from outside Canada, so it is advised to check this document to learn about the conditions for applying from your country.
- Provide all the documents required for submission: previous academic transcript, letter of recommendation, CV, motivation letter, English language test results, and other documents or data required by the program you wish to apply for.
Application Procedures for Alberta Excellence Scholarship 2022
Since applying for the University of Lethbridge Alberta Excellence Scholarship requires the student to apply for one of the programs included in the scholarship for masters and doctorates, the student needs to apply to the university as a first step and after getting a conditional admission to one of the programs, he can choose to apply for the scholarship.
It is advisable to check the deadlines associated with each study major available at the university via this link.
To apply to the university and before you can get to filling out the application, you will need to register for an account with CollegeNET’s ApplyWeb, the university’s application hosting service.
Once you have an ApplyWeb account, you will be able to log in at any time and view your activity history, which is a custom status page that displays any applications you have started (so you can continue your work on an application in progress), as well as those requests you have already submitted.
Once you have an ApplyWeb account, you can start filling out the U of L graduate application. You can either complete and submit the application in one session or you can save your work and follow up at a later time.
There is no deadline for applying to the University of Lethbridge Research Scholarships and application for the scholarship continues throughout the academic year.