Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships is one of the most popular scholarship programs in Canada. This program was launched more than 10 years ago and is being repeated annually to this day. The Vanier Scholarships in Canada provides full tuition funding for a PhD, and this includes any PhD study major at participating Canadian public universities.
Through this article, you can check full information about Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarshipsp 2022, eligibility, required documents and application procedures!
All You Need to Know about Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships 2022
The Government of Canada launched the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) program in 2008 to strengthen Canada’s ability to attract and retain world-class doctoral students and establish Canada as a global centre of excellence in research and higher learning. Vanier Scholars demonstrate leadership skills and a high standard of scholarly achievement in graduate studies in the social sciences and humanities, natural sciences and/or engineering and health.
Students wishing to apply for a Vanier CGS must do so through the Canadian institution to which they are applying for doctoral studies. Based on their quotas, Canadian institutions will forward a limited number of nominations to the Vanier CGS program.
Up to 166 Vanier Scholars are awarded each year and are divided among the three federal granting agencies, who each offer 55 awards annually. The additional award is rotated annually between NSERC and CIHR.
The Vanier-Banting Secretariat, which is housed within CIHR, is responsible for the day-to-day administration of the program.
- Hosted Country: Scholarships in Canada.
- Hosted: The Government of Canada.
- Duration: 3 years .
- Coverage: Fully Funded.
- No. of awards: 166.
- Language of Instruction: English.
- Study Mode: Full-Time Study.
- Eligibility: PhD.
Vanier Canada Graduate scholarship Areas
The Vanier CGS Canadian Government Scholarship includes all majors on the participating Canadian public universities. Where the student can find the appropriate major for him and choose the appropriate university, and then he can start the application process for this scholarship.
Vanier Canada Graduate (CGS ) BENEFITS
The Vanier CGS Grants include financial funding of $50,000 annually for a period of 3 academic years, a total equivalent to $150,000 as a whole.
Scholarship required documents
- Application details (form)
- Canadian common CV (CCV)
- Nomination letter – maximum two pages (signed by the relevant department head of the nominating institution)
- Institution transcripts (scanned and attached by the institution’s administrative staff)
- Doctoral Studies Timeline (scanned and attached by the institution’s administrative staff)
- Personal Leadership Statement – maximum two pages (self-evaluation written by the student)
- Two Leadership reference Letters – maximum two pages each (written by someone who knows the candidate in a non-academic capacity – this letter is attached to the nomination by the candidate)
- Research proposal – maximum two pages (written by the student)
- Project references – maximum five pages (written by the student)
- Research contributions – maximum one page (written by the student)
- Special circumstances (optional) – maximum one page (written by the student)
- Two referee assessments – three sections each
Scholarship Application Eligibility
- Candidates must be nominated by the Canadian institution in which they wish to study. Candidates cannot apply directly to the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) program. Applications for the Vanier CGS Grants, will be submitted by ResearchNet to the Canadian foundation that will nominate you, not directly to you.
- Candidates must read the Selection Committee Handbook before starting to submit their application. This guide lists the three assessment criteria and contains useful information on how to evaluate the criteria.
- For candidates to be considered eligible for funding, they must obtain an average score of at least 3.1 in each of the three criteria.
Application Procedures for Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships 2022
The application process for this Canadian scholarship is not done by the student. Rather, the student applies to the Canadian university in which he wishes to study, and then procedures can start from this university according to the following:
- Applications are initiated in one of two ways. As for:
- The student informs the graduate faculty of the chosen Canadian institution of their interest in applying to the Vanier CGS program, or
- The responsible Canadian institution begins the nomination process by contacting the required eligible student.
- Applications are prepared by the student and submitted to the Candidate Canadian Institution by the application deadline and this is done using the ResearchNet application system.
- The nominating Canadian institution conducts the process of selecting the suitable candidate from among the applications.
- The institution or university submits the applications of persons previously accepted to it, to the Canadian Vanier-Banting Scholarship Administration.
- The grant administration coordinates the examination of the applications and the issuance of results.
The Vanier Canadian Scholarships is a scholarship that is repeated annually and is usually applied for every year according to the dates and information mentioned in the following table:
|July – November||Applicants seek a nominating institution, prepare and submit application package.|
|Internal Deadline (varies)||Deadline to submit application to the nominating institution. Contact nominating institution for specific date.|
|November 3||Deadline for institutions to submit nominations to the Vanier CGS program.|
|November – March||Review and evaluation of nominations.|
|Early April||Anticipated notification of results.Nominees will be notified by email when the results are available on ResearchNet.|
|May 1, September 1, or January 1||Payments begin.|