Vantage One Excellence undergraduate scholarship offered by the Canadian University of British Columbia is a very distinguished scholarship offered to foreign students wishing to enroll in one of the undergraduate programs at UBC Vantage One College and who are not proficient in English enough to study at the University! The scholarships provide full funding for them to improve their level of English and study one of the available undergraduate programs.
Through this article, you can check full information about Vantage One Excellence undergraduate scholarship 2022, eligibility, required documents and application procedures!
All You Need to Know about Vantage One Excellence undergraduate scholarship 2022
The University of British Columbia is ranked third among the best Canadian universities, and at number 45 in the world, The University of British Columbia (UBC) is a public research university with campuses in Vancouver and Kelowna, British Columbia. Founded in 1908, the University of British Columbia is the oldest university in British Columbia. We find one of its most important colleges and schools:
College of Applied Sciences, Architecture and Landscape Architecture, College of Arts, School of Business Administration, Community and Regional Planning, College of Dentistry, College of Education, Postgraduate and Postdoctoral Studies, College of Journalism, College of Law, College of Medicine, College of Nursing ,, College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Public Policy and Global Affairs, College of Science, Social Work.
UBC’s Vantage One program is for academically strong international students whose English language proficiency does not yet meet the requirements for direct admission into UBC. These awards are offered to undergraduate students entering the UBC Vantage One Program, and are based on academic merit.
|Issued||University of British Columbia.|
|Language of Instruction:||English.|
|Study Mode||Full-Time Study.|
1 year (renewable).
|No. of scholarships:||Not specified.|
Vantage One Excellence Areas
–McGill University fully funded undergraduate scholarship in Canada
-Gwangju Institute fully funded scholarship in South Korea
–Peking university fully funded scholarship in China
–Kwantlen Polytechnic undergraduate scholarship in Canada
–University of Twente Scholarship in Netherlands (Fully Funded)
Vantage One Excellence scholarship BENEFITS
The awards range in value up to the full cost of a student’s academic program and living expenses. The value of each award is dependent on the recipient’s financial need.
Awards will be renewed for up to three additional years or to degree completion, whichever is less, provided the recipient maintains their status as an international student in Canada. Award winners will have their awards reviewed annually to assess and update academic progress and financial need.
Award is made on the recommendation of UBC Vantage College in consultation with the UBC International Student Initiative
Scholarship Application Eligibility
To be considered for the Vantage One Excellence Award:
- You must be an international student who will be studying in Canada on a Canadian study permit.
- You must be graduating or have recently graduated from a recognized senior secondary school.
- Student must have graduated from high school no earlier than the month of June two years prior to the academic year you are applying to. For example, applicants for 2022 must have graduated from high school no earlier than June 2021.
- You must be beginning your undergraduate studies at UBC in the UBC Vantage One Program.
- Student must meet the UBC Vantage College admission requirements.
- You must demonstrate superior academic achievement.
Application Procedures for Vantage One Excellence undergraduate scholarship 2022
Check out this short video on how to apply for university programs in general:
The student must be nominated for the Vantage One Excellence Scholarship by a School Guidance Counselor or Educational Officer at the school where the student attended. Hence, the first step is to ensure that the school you have studied at agrees to your candidacy for this Canadian scholarship. However, it should be noted that the nomination can be made exclusively on the specializations available in this college.
It should be noted that the school that will nominate you can only nominate 3 students for this scholarship. Thus, you and two other students can be nominated.
The tasks that must be performed by the student can be summarized as follows:
- The student must choose a teacher or faculty member who taught him before and who can provide an academic reference for him.
- Send the teacher (referee) details to the candidate (the school that will nominate you). Send the instructor’s details, including name and email address, to your school. The school will need this information to initiate your scholarship application.
- Applying for an undergraduate program at UBC Vantage College of the University of British Columbia: While you wait for your school’s nomination response, you can start the Canadian University application process to try to create your own account on the university’s website. Without a username and password, you will not be able to submit a scholarship application.
For the school to help you and nominate you, you must send this document. The document outlines the steps that your school must follow in order to nominate you for this scholarship. Never attempt to apply for the scholarship on your own! Because your application will not be taken into consideration, and the university requires that the scholarship be applied for through your school.
You can also view the steps for applying to the target educational college via this link.
The Vantage One Excellence Scholarship in Canada is a scholarship that is repeated annually and usually begins in September or October of each year, and the scholarship closes in the beginning of January of each year