Xiamen University launched its scholarships in 2006, and since then it has been welcoming international students from all over the world to study in China for free. Xiamen University Scholarships are fully funded awards for all majors offered by this Chinese university.
Through this article, you can check all information regarding the Xiamen University fully funded scholarships, funding, eligibility, required documents, and application procedures!
All You Need to Know about Xiamen University fully funded scholarships
Xiamen University (XMU), founded in 1921, was the first Chinese university established by an overseas Chinese person.
Xiamen University is renowned as one of the most beautiful universities around the world for its excellent education facilities and beautiful environment.
It has long been listed among China’s leading universities on the national 211 Project, 985 Project.Xiamen University currently consists of a graduate school, six academic divisions, 33 schools and 16 research institutes.
XMU currently has an enrollment of more than 44,000 students, including over 20,000 students in bachelor’s degree programs, 18,000 in master’s degree programs, and 5,000 in doctoral degree programs.
The duration of the scholarships offered by Xiamen University for international students is: 4 or 5 years for undergraduate, 2 or 3 years for Master, 4 years for PhD.
- Hosted Country: Scholarships in China.
- Hosted University: Xiamen University (XMU).
- Duration: 2 – 4 years.
- Coverage: Fully Funded.
- No. of Internships: Not specified.
- Language of Instruction: English or Chinese.
- Study Mode: Full-Time Study.
- Eligibility: Undergraduate, Master, and Ph.D.
Xiamen University Scholarships BENEFITS
|Program Category||Scholarship Category||Scholarship Coverage||Quota|
|Bachelor’s program||Second-class||Tuition fee only.||5|
|Master’s program||First-class||Tuition fee and living allowance (RMB 3,000/month)||3|
|Second-class||Tuition fee only.||8|
|Doctoral program||First-class||Tuition fee and living allowance (RMB 3,500/month)||3|
|Second-class||Tuition fee only.||5|
Xiamen University Scholarships Areas
Scholarships include all majors at the Xiamen university:
- Chinese-Medium Bachelor’s Programs: admissions.xmu.edu.cn
- English-Medium Bachelor’s Programs: admissions.xmu.edu.cn
- Chinese-Medium Master’s Programs: admissions.xmu.edu.cn
- English-Medium Master’s Programs: admissions.xmu.edu.cn
- Chinese-Medium Doctoral Programs: admissions.xmu.edu.cn
- English-Medium Doctoral Programs: admissions.xmu.edu.cn
Scholarship Application Eligibility
Applicants for the Scholarship should meet all the following requirements:
- Applicants must meet the requirements of the repective programs they are applying for.
- Educational background and age limits (as of September 1 of the academic year):
- Bachelor’s programs: hold a high school diploma or above and be under the age of 25;
- Master’s programs: hold a bachelor’s degree or above and be under the age of 40;
- Doctoral programs: hold a master’s degree or above and be under the age of 45.
Scholarship Required Documents
International students should sub,it the following documents:
- A copy of the passport.
- Birth certificate.
- Parents’ identification documents.
- High school or Bachelor’s or master’s degrees or expected graduation certificates bearing the university’s seal.
- Academic transcripts for high school or bachelor’s or master’s with the official seal of the university.
- English or Chinese language proficiency certificate.
- CV written in Chinese or English.
- Physical examination record for incoming travelers at admissions.xmu.edu.cn.
- Certificate of no criminal record. Applicants must provide a valid certificate of no criminal record, usually within 6 months prior to the date of application.
- For Ph.D. programs, Study or research plan: The plan should be no less than 1,000 words, written in Chinese when applying for Chinese-medium programs and written in English when applying for English-medium programs.
- For graduate programs Two letters of recommendation from professors or associate professors in Chinese or English with information on the names of the recommender, employer, and work location, either signed by the recommender or bearing the seal of the recommending organization.
- For Ph.D. programs Pre-admission letter to admissions.xmu.edu.cn supervisor. Admission priority will be given to applicants who have obtained the pre-admission letter signed by the supervisor and stamped by the faculty at Xiamen University.
Application Procedures for Xiamen University Scholarships
Application for the Scholarships will be considered only after the applicant has been admitted to Xiamen University.
- Application Guide to Bachelor’s Programs: admissions.xmu.edu.cn
- Application Guide to Master’s Programs: admissions.xmu.edu.cn
- Application Guide to Doctoral Programs: admissions.xmu.edu.cn
- Applicants for the bachelor’s degree program in Chinese language major, visit: oec.xmu.edu.cn
A comprehensive review will be conducted on applicant’s academic record, language proficiency, overall merits, research achievements and their prospective supervisor’s comments. The shortlisted candidates will be submitted to the university authorities for final approval.
The final results will be published at https://admissions.xmu.edu.cn in mid-July.
The application deadline is the end of the Match each year.