York University fully funded undergraduate scholarship is one of the best fully funded scholarships offered to finance your undergraduate studies in Canada. In fact, it is considered one of the few scholarships that provide significant funding to foreign students, as we will see in the following sections. These scholarships only target the undergraduate level and include all academic majors available at York University in Canada.
Through this article, you can check full information about York University fully funded scholarship 2022, eligibility, required documents and application procedures!
All You Need to Know about York University fully funded undergraduate scholarship 2022
York University is a public research university established in the year 1959 and located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It is the third largest university in Canada, with nearly 55,700 students, 7,000 faculty and staff, and more than 325,000 alumni worldwide.
The university is associated with 11 teaching colleges, including the College of Arts and Professional Studies, College of Science, Lasund School of Engineering, Schulich School of Business, Osgoode Hall Law School, Glendon College, College of Education, College of Health, School of Environmental Studies, College of Graduate Studies and College of Arts and Media , Performance and Design (formerly Faculty of Fine Arts) and 28 research centers.
York includes the oldest film school in Canada, which has been ranked as one of the best schools in Canada, Osgoode Hall Law School ranked fourth in Canada, and Schulich College of Business was ranked ninth in the world, and first in Canada.
- Hosted Country: Scholarships in Canada.
- Hosted University: York University.
- Duration: 3-5 years.
- Coverage: fully Funded.
- No. of awards: Not Specified.
- Language of Instruction: English.
- Study Mode: Full-Time Study.
- Eligibility: Undergraduate.
York University scholarship Areas
The scholarships offered by York University include all majors available at Canadian University for the undergraduate level, and they are programs related to the following educational colleges:
- College of Arts, Media, Performance and Design.
- Faculty of Education.
- College of Environmental and Urban Change.
- Glendon College.
- College of Health.
- Lasund School of Engineering.
- College of Arts and Professional Studies.
- Osgoode Hall Law School.
- Schulich School of Business.
- College of Science.
You can check all available specializations via this link.
–McGill University fully funded undergraduate scholarship in Canada
-Gwangju Institute fully funded scholarship in South Korea
–Peking university fully funded scholarship in China
–Kwantlen Polytechnic undergraduate scholarship in Canada
–University of Twente Scholarship in Netherlands (Fully Funded)
York University undergraduate scholarship BENEFITS
International Entrance Scholarship of Distinction
Valued at $35,000/year. It is renewable for an additional three years of full-time undergraduate study if the student maintains high academic standing each year, bringing it to a total of $140,000 over four years.
Global Leader of Tomorrow Award for International Students
Valued at $20,000/year. It is renewable for an additional three years of full-time undergraduate study if the student maintains high academic standing each year, bringing it to a total of $80,000 over four years.
International Circle of Scholar’s Scholarship
Valued at $15,000. It is for $15,000 towards a student’s first year of study
York University Academic Excellence Scholarships for International Students
Valued at $5,000 to $10,000. It is for $5,000 to $10,000 towards a student’s first year of study.
Also Visit the Work/Study website for information on job opportunities available to international students at York.
Scholarship Application Eligibility
- Must be an international student who is required to have a Study Permit to study in Canada
- Must have applied to an undergraduate degree program at York University.
- Must have applied to York directly from high school no more than two years after graduation, and have no previous university or college studies
- Must have an excellent academic record with a minimum “A” average or equivalent
- Must have demonstrated leadership through community service or excellence in the arts, sports, or other areas of individual achievement
- Must be nominated by their high school (schools may nominate one student only)
- The nominated student will be considered for the International Entrance Scholarship of Distinction, the Global Leader of Tomorrow Award, the International Circle of Scholars Scholarships, and the York University Academic Excellence Scholarships
- Candidates must speak to their school guidance counsellor, principal, or administration about the York International Student Scholarship & Award Application, and receive confirmation that they are the individual from that school who has been nominated
- The candidate must then provide the name, position, e-mail, and phone number of the nominator in the application form
- Must upload one letter of recommendation
- Must ensure all required documents are shown as “Received” in the York application (MyFile), by February 1.
- Must complete and submit the online International Student Scholarship Application by February 1.
Application Procedures for York University fully funded undergraduate scholarship 2022
To apply for the scholarship, the student must choose the appropriate academic specialization from one of the bachelor’s degree programs, fulfill all requirements for applying to this program, and then apply for it directly. After the student obtains an initial or full acceptance in one of the Canadian University of York’s programs, he then needs to obtain the advice of the educational department in which he was accepted.
Just as the scholarship requires that the student obtain a nomination from his school, that is, more clearly, you are required to submit a document signed by your school, showing that you are a qualified candidate to apply for the scholarship. And don’t forget that your school can only nominate one person!
York University scholarships are annually repeated scholarships and applications open at the beginning of the twelfth month (December) of each year and close at the beginning of the second month (February) of each year.