The Foam Talent photography competition call for applicants for 2023 is now open! Foam Talent aims to present a new wave of image-makers.The open call gives you the chance to be in the spotlight of the international photography world.
Foam Talent aims to be the starting point in an artist’s career. The programme is centered around nurturing and supporting you and your work. If you think your work is ready for international recognition, being selected as a Foam Talent is a jumpstart to your career.
Foam Talent photography competition 2023 Details
Foam Talent Call is one of the most prestigious international open calls for photographers between the ages of 18 and 40. Over the past 15+ years, the Talent Call has helped launch the careers of numerous artists around the world by giving their work the exposure and recognition it deserves.
Since 2007, the Foam Talent Call has been the core step in Foam’s ongoing commitment to scout, present and support new generations of talented image-makers worldwide.
- you are between 18 and 40 years old at anytime during 2023
- you are submitting a valid entry.
By submitting your work to the Foam Talent Call 2023 you agree that Foam and Foam Magazine have the right to use your work for promotional and editorial purposes related to Foam Magazine and the Foam Talent Call. Any images used will include full credits. Usage includes all media worldwide.
By starting the submission process on PICTER, you agree to receive email updates and communications about the Foam Talent Call and Foam Talent programmes. You may unsubscribe from these emails at any time.
- Two series with 8 – 10 images per series.
- A brief description of each series (up to 2000 characters per series)
- A summarised CV (PDF or 2000 characters).
- Images must be at least 2000px on the long edge
- Images must be in JPG
- Submissions with series of more than 10 or less than 8 images will not be considered.
- Submissions with a random selection of images will not be considered.
You can submit video stills as part of the 8 – 10 images per series. Make sure to explain that these are stills from a video in the series description.
Who can enter the competition?
Competition Entry fee
The cost for participating is €30. All proceeds will go to supporting the Foam Talent programme and its networking activities and events, alongside producing future issues of Foam Magazine.
Unable to pay? Foam stands with all who are oppressed, including artists and visual culture workers all around the world. If you are affected by conflict, disaster, sanctions in your region, extenuating circumstances or any other reason that prevent you from entering the Foam Talent Call due to the fee, please reach out to us at email@example.com
Foam Talent photography competition 2023 Prizes
Selected artists receive
- A portfolio published in Foam Magazine’s Talent issue (published early 2024)
- Career-building opportunities. Meet and connect to experts and peers throughout the Foam Talent programme, consisting of curators, thought leaders, writers and artists
- Be exhibited across multiple Foam touchpoints and gain international exposure: in a show in Amsterdam, one travelling exhibition and our digital platform
- Connect to new audiences by participating in events and activities such as talks, masterclasses, podcasts etc.
- The chance to become part of a prestigious collection. Every year, the work of a selected artist is added to the Art Collection Deutsche Börse, one of the most important collections of international contemporary photography
- Compensation of €1,300 as a selected artist in the full programme (see FAQ’s for more info)
Submissions are taken through our partner Picter. You need to create an account to start the process. You can save your submission and return back to it at any point before clicking the “submit” button at the final step.
- Open for Entries 9 May 2023.
- Closed for Entries 18 June 2023.
- Talent shortlist selected 30 Sep 2023.
- Publication Foam Magazine #65: Talent 30 Jan 2024.
You can check the competition website following this link.
Check other prizes and contests following International Competitions category